Rode the E-Tec finally!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Headed out to a buddies farm today with the kids and worked the bugs out of the sleds...

Finally got to ride my new E-tec, and all I can say is WOW! I loved my Everest, but this thing has it beat hands down. The snow wasnt super deep, but I can already tell the handling is just what I have been looking for...

Power, power, power...and oh so quiet...had another buddy with his 08 Summit and the noise level between the two is unbelievable...Need to read the manual though, it seems to shut itself off if you let it idle...

Love it so far...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i thought it was just me mine shut off twice. but ya i loved the machine. throttle pull especially. stance is a little to narrow for me..but the power is there and its such a smooth running machine.

i have a feeling thats the greenie feature.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed out to a buddies farm today with the kids and worked the bugs out of the sleds...

Finally got to ride my new E-tec, and all I can say is WOW! I loved my Everest, but this thing has it beat hands down. The snow wasnt super deep, but I can already tell the handling is just what I have been looking for...

Power, power, power...and oh so quiet...had another buddy with his 08 Summit and the noise level between the two is unbelievable...Need to read the manual though, it seems to shut itself off if you let it idle...

Love it so far...

I'm a Cat guy and I can't wait to take one for a rip. If I see you on a hill I'll be tapping you on the shoulder.:d

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About time! haha. They really are great. I havent had mine shut off while sitting there though. Just the check key message flashing across the screen. But that is gone now that its fully broken in. Cant wait to get a can on it so I can actually hear it!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I rode a renegade e tec 800 sunday vs my 800R and honestly, there was not much difference in top end. The etec is not quieter. Its got a different sound because it sounds like its running leaner. The throttle pull is too light for me. It has a bit better mid-range and the throttle pull being lighter makes the engine and sled more jerky when hitting bumps. Both sleds are in break in mode and both were renegades with 137 X 1.25" tracks. Both were completely stock X models. Once both sleds are out of the break in mode, then we will see. The only benefit I can see so far will be the reduced oil consumption. Fuel will be a non-issue because at full throttle, both will need fuel. I hit 167 kmh on my 2010 and the best I got out of the etec was 165kmh on the same stretch of field. The etec has around 120 km's on it and the 800R has 90 km's on it. To say one is better than the other without riding one, then the other right away is not a fair comparison. I jumped from mine, to the etec and then back on the 800R within 20 minutes. I rode the etec for a good 15 minute run with low to high speed runs. We will see what happens when the break-ins are complete.....Its all good.

Attachments

• DSCN1109_edited-1 (1077 x 808) (538 x 404).jpg
    DSCN1109_edited-1 (1077 x 808) (538 x 404).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 502

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere they're supposed to shut off automatically if they idle for a certain length of time.

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes if the throttle position doesnt change then she shuts down, not sure how long you have before shut down. i guess before any overheating etc..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on our very first ride of the year we had a 2009xp154 and two new etecs running the ditch for a tank.... the two etecs worked the xp by a margin, i would let the xp get ahead, and then track him down, i would go buy him on top end by at least 5mph, maybe faster, the xp rider said he had no chance on the wot passes, and still got worked from the stop

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya if you have e-start they won't come with pull rope. But can get pull rope for 250.00 and it stays under your panel.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey man.....has your new ride got both; electric and pull start?

I've looked at several in the show rooms and they only have E-start.....

Nope, I ordered mine as pull start only...thought of going e-start but my dealer warned that the had heard that no recoil from factory, so I decided not to...

And the guys I ride with would never let me live it down if I had e-start. To hell with them though, my next one will be electric...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Nope, I ordered mine as pull start only...thought of going e-start but my dealer warned that the had heard that no recoil from factory, so I decided not to...

And the guys I ride with would never let me live it down if I had e-start. To hell with them though, my next one will be electric...

They still bug me about the little sound from the button push but I tell them to work hard and they can enjoy the same sound.....

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like Orrin is almost ready to convert to the good side that is SKI DOO side

Well I'm really not the type to think that any one brand is always better than the others, they tend to leapfrog each other in quality and performance. I like them all regardless of make, I do however have more Arctic Cat clothes and tools. Mo would sh** and possibly die of a heart attack if I showed up on a Doo. Gotta save that for just the right time. (I do actually own a Doo and two Polaris's but don't tell nobody.)

Top Bottom