rocky sand pit

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys last year me and the guys rode a sand pit north west of rocky mountain house, alittle ways down highway 11. anyway i see that theres a no trespassing sign on there now, anyone know who owns it that i could ask permission from??? or any other good sand pits to ride in central alberta ?

Attachments

• rocky pit.jpg
    rocky pit.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 362

Dr_Claw

Reaction score
Its closed and patrolled from time to time. Due to garbage and glass bottles left behind from parties.. I am not sure of another sand pit.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats bullsh*t ytf cant people clean up there garbage instead of throwing it all over the damned place. there was a group of people that came out and were partying while we were biking there and they were doing exactly that - throwing there garbage and bottles on the ground. i kinda got alittle pissy at em...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty tough to find a pit that will let ya ride anymore. as most are privatly owned or leased and ins. bs makes it impossible for them to allow riders on the pit, along with the mess that the machines make, ruts and debris sprayed everywhere, stock pile hills spread out from riding on them, owner has to pay somebody to clean it all up. which is why nobody allows it anymore.

Kjb3

Reaction score
Talk to the Town of Rocky Public Works Foreman, Kevin T:thumbsup2:

jkrabben

Reaction score
i have lots of buddies that still ride there all the time, the no trespassing is to keep the partys out of there, there is often a gate that is locked now but it is still accessible off the highway

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh no they use it...... im sure its both phiderneys and diamond j that share it... there are some real fun trails around it [ seg , mud, and sand ] theres an old ski hill too.....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have lots of buddies that still ride there all the time, the no trespassing is to keep the partys out of there, there is often a gate that is locked now but it is still accessible off the highway

yeh cause it says no trespassing partiers only.:rolleyes:
WTF is wrong with you, it says stay out stay out, maybe ill come rip up your front lawn with my qaud this summer, oh sorry i thought you only didnt want partiers.:rolleyes: this is the exact attitude that gets our areas closed to riding, camping, fishing, hunting, etcc. basically any outdooor activity.
if you want to ride a gravel pit go buy your own or get the permission from the proper people who own it.:realmad::rant:

Mikehunt

Reaction score
WTF is wrong with you, it says stay out stay out, maybe ill come rip up your front lawn with my qaud this summer, oh sorry i thought you only didnt want partiers.:rolleyes: this is the exact attitude that gets our areas closed to riding, camping, fishing, hunting, etcc. basically any outdooor activity.
if you want to ride a gravel pit go buy your own or get the permission from the proper people who own it.:realmad::rant:

X2 My thoughts exactly

jkrabben

Reaction score

It's not me riding there, don't get all pissy with me, I just wanted to let the guy know that I have some buddies riding there and that I don't think that pidherneys uses it anymore, no need to snap on me

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i thought.....

the trails around are just as good tho........

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i know it isnt pidherneys pit, dads a foreman at that shop. there any way i can contact diamond j to ask permission.....?

Top Bottom