Rocky Mountain Ride/Camp

ShiftyXJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, first off Im new to the forum. I have a 99 built XJ. I am looking to do some camping (backcountry) and wheeling with some buddies and there quads. Im looking to do this around the rocky Mountain area but I do not have the foggiest about trails out that way. Anyone know where I could find info on any of this or have suggestions?????????

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lots of quad trails, but thats all I got :p
You could call Eric at Altitude Adjustments and ask him for some info....

Or heres the link to the Highriders... Highriders.ca

I'm sure you could find some info on where abouts they go on the site :)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya not sure if know but snow and mud is realy snowmobiles and quads website... i'm not going to tell ya where to go cause the 4x4 trucks already screwed up chambers creek... and now the government does not give a chit about chambers..... used to be awsome for skidooing and quading...

mabe find a jeep site...

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree....jeeps bad....my favorite spot has always been Chambers Creek but very hard to get through there nowadays. Of course I still go....there are a few trails left way in the back on the south side that havent been destroyd. But isnt the Highriders group fairly responsible group of guys that head out together and do more rock crawling than mudding?

ShiftyXJ

Reaction score
Im not out to destroy any terrain. I know this is more a quadding site. I will be doing quadding with the boys on this trip thats why Im posting here. Im not looking to take my jeep onto any trails that are quad trails. That only causes beef between groups that should be on the same team when it comes to land use. When I run my jeep I usually do it at ohv parks or private land as I like to beat the piss outta it.

ShiftyXJ

Reaction score
jeeps bad!:nono:

Any specific reason you dislike jeeps? I know as many quadders and sledders that do as much damage and disrespect to land than the total jeepers I know. Its not the vehicle you ride or use its how you use it. I understand they are heavier and I understand that some jeepers may not tread lightly but do not generalise us all in that category.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
You can start by checking out the SRD site and view the different land use zones. Some of them have the trails marked on them

Top Bottom