Robb Rally June 16/07

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I and 2 other buds were the ones riding the trikes it was a blast mine and my buddy had our trikes straight piped thank god for ear plugs. we omly went to the first check point as he drowned his trike and my sprocket had half it teeth missing. was an awesome tour.

Are you the guys I took pics of in the Photo Gallery??

Well after spending 2 1/2 hours outside with the Pressure washer (thank god I have one), I got my quad, helmet, boots, ramps and other stuff cleaned. I really like the renegade was designed, all the panels pop off for easy cleaning, no screws. Theres a tree branch stuck between my tire and rim, the new rim so SUMMITRIC will be seeing me again. And My front tire has a small rip in the sidewall, Gives me a reason to buy a new set of tires. But its now clean and ready to ride again.

Anyone notice our Banner at Robb??

RON

Last edited:

COWBOYCURT

Reaction score
:eek:Holy glad we got started at 9:00 the first leg only took our group of six quads an hour (didn't look like that when we went:p) 3 guys 3 hard core wives. On the next leg not so lucky, if you guys made to that wide cut line with the creek/ mud hole that they built a tree bridge on the right side. We didn't fair so good my budd had his tracked up grizz 700 red buryed:realmad: it took six winchs to get him out, the track got hooked under some logs that we could not get at. 2 hous later and burnt up winches we got him out (THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED):D! once he was out he had three bent rollers and a track off. But with a hillbilly bench press ( a winch and a rack) we got them strieght enough to keep going. Miss a check piont when we took a log haul road to make some time. Got back at six washed quads river, buddy drown in 4 feet of water( got it cleaned inside and out):p only one good hand, wife got 3 of a kind. Drank some beer and stayed the night,WE WERE SPENT:sleepmsn: No pics yet. Does anyone know when swanhills rally is?

COWBOTCURT

06 arctic cat 700 le 26" muddlites
00 Polaris 400 xplorer
02 Avalache 2500 35" rubber 6" lift 8.1 L

sharkz

Reaction score
Hey Ron, yes we did see the flag but not until we were heading back to camp after the rally, We were at the beginning and we were done all 40km at 1pm and there was 5 of us in our group. We had a Rhino 660 with us and he impressed the hell out of me, I didnt think he would be able to do some of the trails but he ended up doing really well. I didint get any pics this yr as I was soaked eary and just wanted to finish and go have a hot shower and a beer and clam! Our best hand was 2 pair. does anyone know what hand won it?

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures. Looks like a good time for everyone. I just don't understand how much damage is done to the trails and enviroment with so many people making bigger mud-holes and more trails around the mud holes. Don't get me wrong I like to quad and sled but in the pictures there are tons of reasons for the tree-huggers to whine and complain and eventually get more area's shut down. Yes I have gone down a trail or two and gone thru the mud. :confused:

-rossco-

Reaction score
those were my two buddies i was up alittle further we had fun thats all we do is trike.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Articdodge your right way to much fun for some but a environmental disgrace for others. Sask. has the same problems with environment issues. Whats the answer bridges,better layed out trail or less people limit enter number. We will be hearing more on these rally issues. Get out and enjoy but treadlightly if possible

crewcabguy

Reaction score
yeah,, i knew my hand was no good ,,,,but thats ok i still won a yamaha generator, . i thought the club did a good job out there, alot of wood was layed down, some bridges were broken up by the time our group got there,but i still remember alot of wood near the end

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Won A Generator?? Wow, Good Job. What Hand Did You Have?? 1st Place Was A Quad, Wasn't It???
Judging By The Pics, The "greenies" Would Have A Hayday With All The Muck Holes... Looks Like Fun, But Like Sledderglen Says, Environment Issues Could Be Brought Forward. Lets Just Hope Nuthin' Becomes Of This. They Seem To Try To Put A "stump" Onto Every Rally To Prevent Any Damage To Trails, Etc. And Not Just For Quads, But Sleds Too...............omg ;)

Molsondrinkr

Reaction score
Hello, first post over here. It was a great rally. 1st place was $1066. No I didn't win lol.

I just wanted to add about the environmental concerns. Mostly for any tree hugger that might see this. This rally is very well put together, anyone that has rode it can see the work that has been put into the trails. There are planks across trails, bridges and it is fairly clean garbage wise IMO, when you consider there are probably 400+ riders in one day. No doubt there is an impact, and no doubt the greenies are probably crapping the bed about it, but my point is, it's not a thoughtless process for the organizers. I'm sure they try to minimize the impact when they can. They want to keep riding too.

You see those pictures because they are the fun ones. Nobody wants to see a picture of someone riding across a bridge, or the new trail that was cut to avoid the skeg. So it goes unnoticed.

Oh well, off my soapbox.
Can't wait for next year :D.

Later
Molsondrinkr

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not A "GREENIE" but after seeing some of the "damage" you kind of need to wonder. After 400 or so quads you are going to see some impact. Sometimes we may need to show some of the boring pictures so the enviromentalists see some good in the sport. There were a group of members that went and did a clean-up at an area and unfortuantly the tree huggers never notice the good things we do. Garanteed if that was 400 pick-up trucks doing the rally it would have looked a lot worse. The fun pictures looked like a great time and yes I would have liked to have been along. Hope everyone there had a great time and any damage to your'e machines are at a minimum.:)

susie

Reaction score
The curling club is riding this weekend so the ones that had to volunteer all weekend get to ride it. The school is ticked that someone pulled out their fire pit and dragged it into the baseball diamond. kinda rude of someone.

scorpio

Reaction score
My turn on the soap box. I think that providing ralleys like Robb allows us quaders a few isolated areas and trails where we can do our thing. If we didn't have these events more people would be going to all kinds of different areas and tearing up the environment. I think that by localizing the "damage" to a few areas is much better. Next..

Top Bottom