Robb Rally June 16/07

sharkz

Reaction score
Who is going to this rally? Myself and 5 friends are going but we dont know where we are camping yet. We usually camp past Robb 5km or so just before the road turns to gravel or at coalspur campgroud.

Camell

Reaction score
Hey hows it going, i was just wondering if anybody can show up to these things? Im new to this site so dont really know how these things work. What is the rules for these things, like do you have to wear helmuts, and stuff like that? I am interested to go on one of these rallies just to check it out, i have done lots of quading but never went to a rally.

Camell

Reaction score
Well ya i know helmuts are good to wear and people prefer them, but i was asking if you have to wear one to go to these rallies.

crewcabguy

Reaction score
from what i have dug up about the rally,,,,,south of Edson,Robb is on the map. $10.00 a hand(poker rally), registration in the morning, 9:00am, camping is random , expect alot of people. I am going with 8 other machines and people, I would like to know how km it is gonna be, but I hear that it is quite muddy. Helmets might just be a good idea, assume mandatory, and your half way there..(organized ride) The only thing Im worried about, is this gonna be more ammunition for the goverment to shut areas down. I hope not. "Ride smart and try to tread lightly". Dont kid yourselves, I have a funny feeling there are some eyes on this rally" especially after what happend down south at Indian Graves May long weekend, and by the way ,,,ya this is my first post here,,,but im far from a newbie

Camell

Reaction score
Thanks Crewcabguy, thats all i was asking, and i have to learn how to spell too, helmets not helmuts, lol. Well maybe i will see you all out there then.

coyote

Reaction score
they also do random checks of regisration and insurance i,ve heard but never had to show it personally,there is also a field just across the railroad tracks that they open for free camping.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rob Rally June 16

Rob 9th Annual ATV Poker Rally

Saturday June 16, 2007
Robb, Alberta
Meet at the Robb Curling Rink
Rally Meet and go: Saturday 7am - 1 pm
First Checkpoint opens at 9:00 am

Have Fun :bike:

RON

SwampRat

Reaction score
sounds grate. candoo,dragonlady,scramman,and few others will be heading out friday after work wont get there till 11pm is there any way to register day of or few days before??

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rob 9th Annual ATV Poker Rally

Saturday June 16, 2007
Robb, Alberta
Meet at the Robb Curling Rink
Additional Registration: Saturday June 16 - From 8 - 11 AM
Rally Starts: Saturday 8am - 8 pm --> All cards must be in before 8:00
First Checkpoint opens at 9:00 am

Burgers and Pop Sales are on site
Large Camping area available next to Curling Rink

Have Fun :bike:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Well I'm out we wanna get out for a easy ride and some camping, wife and I aren't in the mood for a whole buncha winchin and skeeters this weekend thinkin of outwest

crewcabguy

Reaction score
My group and i are still in. we'll be there friday night as well.8 quads and ridiers all with winches, so we'll be ok,,,had some good practice last weekend around Whitecourt. everyone is ready and only 2 more sleeps till the fun begins

COWBOYCURT

Reaction score
Hey, planning on being there, just wondering if it's a trail ride like in pic or is it mostly mud on the trail:D? And if there is tail's around the holes or do you have to go balls out. The wife likes to have the option:confused: does anyone know the length of rally, does a guy need to pack extra fuel?

06 Arctic Cat 700le 26" mudlites
00 Polaris 400 xplorer
02 Avalache 2500 35"rubber 6"lift 8.1 L

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rally was very Muddy, it took us over 4 1/2 hrs to go to the first check point which was 15 km. There was alot of stuck units on the trail and in some areas you had to go through the mud. Some places the term point and shoot came to mind, just pick a line and giver. I tried on on area with the renegade and got caught in a rut and bottomed out the atv, thanks to the guy in the red atv that winched me out. There was every thing there from small atvs to large ones, trikes and side by sides. There was a mishap just before the first checkpoint, hopfully she will be ok. My buddy hit a tree as well and damaged his Scramler quite bad, the one front tire wa pushed back 10" :eek:. We got the tire back on thanks to the handy emergency tire inflater. He managed to ride it again, and all the way to the camping area. Once we got to the first check in and finding out the second checkin was another 20km and we had 2 more to go there was no way we would get another done by 8:00 and some of the units were down on fuel. Im impressed with the renegade, only used 1/4 of the tank, and I rode hard.

If your a registered member on this site you can click below and see the slide show of our fun. You may be in some of these pics, who knows..

Did any one finish the rally, and if you have pics either put them in your galery or email them to me and I will post them with this

RON

-rossco-

Reaction score
I and 2 other buds were the ones riding the trikes it was a blast mine and my buddy had our trikes straight piped thank god for ear plugs. we omly went to the first check point as he drowned his trike and my sprocket had half it teeth missing. was an awesome tour.

Top Bottom