Robb Rally 08'

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
well i will start off with i loved the trail. very fun. lots of mud the second time around and very challenging in spots. i found the organizers to be generally good and friendly. they could of had some more rules and enforcement like helmets, insurance/registration, no drinking during etc... but i would rate the rally itself an 7/10.

now the people are a different storey. too many very drunk people before, during and after the rally. some could barely stand but were driving thier atv's, drink in one hand throttle in the other and a flat of beer strapped to the rack. noticed ALOT of no helmets, but that is thier call i guess. and i also noticed only about half of the quads there had plates. people seemed to want to stop in the middle of the trail for smokes and beer, off to the side would have been better.:rant: and the ground on the trail isnt a waste basket or bottle depot people, noticed this after going for round 2. found some to be very impatient and taking risks involving other people. such as passing unsafely when somebody is stuck or working on getting unstuck etc.. full throttle with an inch to clear isnt a good idea. and this is a lesson learnt on my part. i will no longer help or lend things to people out on the trail anymore unless i know who they are by name. lent a group of guys a ratchet strap to repair a blown bead. told them where i was parked. not hard to miss, right in front of the curling rink, white truck, white canopy, no side windows. little chinese one place trailer. please put my tie down on the trailer when you get out. didnt see it again. good thing i had a chunk of rope to tie down with in the truck. anyway if rating the rally with the idiots considered i would say 3.5/10. this could have been mostly fixed though with some rules/enforcment. i would like to see fish and game or rcmp out there next time to help keep people in check. anyway, i am rethinking my attendance next year. rally is fun but i dont need to get injured or killed becuase of some drunk idiot. i know of quite a few other people that are doing the same.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is my issue with rallies. Doesn`t matter if sleds or quads drinking and riders issues make it hard to want to attend. Sled rallies are getting better but still to many people on one trail. SRD and RCMP will put in some rules in the future if things don`t clean up. Don`t get me wrong I think organized events are fun but sometimes riders go overboard with the fun thing and forget commonsense at times. JMHO

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If they need help enforcing that many people maybe one of the clubs could step in and help S&M/Outlaws. Cause something is going to happen and everyone is painted with the same brush it will give us all a black eye.
Imparied driving is impaired driving weather alcohol or drugs or driving a car, quad, boat, sled, tractor.... people will get hurt weather the impaired or an inocent bystander. Then there is helmet issue....dunno where to even start with that

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I tried to make it out to the Robb rally this year but due to certain curcumstaces I didn't make it. I have attended these rally's in the past and if your planning on attending a quad rally with 600 riders and expecting there not to be 300 drinking quaders your sadly mistaken. ROBB RALLY= PLUGGED RAD AND HANGOVER. Its a MESS and policing that kind of event is almost impossible. Unfortinatley in order to get a rally of this size and nature under control would mean shutting it down completely. For the people that want a fun, safe, family day ride stay away from these large events. As far as the public or groups steping in to help police these events, you had better have some tough mofo's on your side and I hope you like to fight cause its going to get messy. The best solution to all this, that I've seen, are websites like this one that promote our own safe group rides and private funtions where everyone knows this won't be tolerated.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what did you think of the rally this year?

I think it was an awesome rally and really didn't see any out of control drunk people and most people we met were actually very well behaved(except for Denis :D). The snow kind of put a damper on things but we had a good time anyways. We drowned 1 quad, blew an belt in another the night before the rally but had no issues during the rally. We'll be back next year for sure.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rally was great,as far as helmets go why does a kid on a bycycle at the park need one yet the drunk person on the quad dont?..at least the kid is using his head.as far as the drunks on the quads this will never end so dont let them ruin your plans,there is probabally just as many on the road today..be safe and have fun!

kendra

Reaction score
cops did come out this year but nothing happened. they can't really do anything anyways. it's an event to have a good time and that's what we'll do!!! If there are rules no one will follow them anyways. so just go and have fun stop complaining !!!

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
cops did come out this year but nothing happened. they can't really do anything anyways. it's an event to have a good time and that's what we'll do!!! If there are rules no one will follow them anyways. so just go and have fun stop complaining !!!

i see you are from robb. so what you are saying is to stop complaining about people breaking the law becuase it wont help. what if you are the one that the drunk guy runs over when he doesnt have insurance and registration. your off work for 3 months healing and when the bills come due just remember....STOP COMPLAINING. as for the cops coming out. from my understanding he was more interested in dancing than taking a look around and doing his job. but thats ok. if he is willing to look the other way from those infractions he will probably look the other way when your chit gets stolen too. quick reminder.... stop complaining. and if there are rules and people arent following them then they should be asked to leave the rally. why do rules work at the lac st anne rally and not yours. but holding to your original advice, next year i will come out and be a complete jackass just around you. maybe take some of your stuff, like all the beer strapped to rack. might like your tires too or even the whole quad. i can take that as well. thats right no rules and apparently laws dont work out there. but remember dont complain.... just out of curiousity. are you one of the organizers?

Last edited by a moderator:

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was an awesome rally and really didn't see any out of control drunk people and most people we met were actually very well behaved(except for Denis :D). The snow kind of put a damper on things but we had a good time anyways. We drowned 1 quad, blew an belt in another the night before the rally but had no issues during the rally. We'll be back next year for sure.

Hey Luc, at least I didnt have to bunk with the grocery man like the guy with the cheap watch and the empty wallet!!:D I also had a great time and can't wait to invite myself again next year!!!!!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is one or two RCMP officers going to do with a mob of 400 people. ???? Look what has happened in the city in the last week. A police officer trys to stop a kid from stunting with his car and gets the crap kicked out of him. Another try's to break up a fight out side of a bar and he gets linched. One or two can not arrest or charge 200+ people. They are there for a presence and presence only. If by them being there prevents a few from drinking consider there job done !! The rest rely's on us to interven and lead by example.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is one or two RCMP officers going to do with a mob of 400 people. ???? Look what has happened in the city in the last week. A police officer trys to stop a kid from stunting with his car and gets the crap kicked out of him. Another try's to break up a fight out side of a bar and he gets linched. One or two can not arrest or charge 200+ people. They are there for a presence and presence only. If by them being there prevents a few from drinking consider there job done !! The rest rely's on us to interven and lead by example.

Well said Mudboy!

whopper809

Reaction score
The biggest problem is there are just way to many Alberta Rednecks and back wards Hillbilly's around this province. These kind of people will NEVER and I mean NEVER change. It's some what easy to say just don't let them ruin your weekend, but If I need to worry about my friends getting hurt or truck or quad getting driving into by a dips**t, then I won't be able to have fun and relax. If I go to any event that in the first hour I arrive I need to deal with drunks, people riding excessively fast around the staging areas and the usual small kids that have been unleashed and are riding around the staging area like chickens with heads cut off, then my blood pressure starts going up. Sorry to vent but I hate it when people think it's ok in the times we live in to act like it's still acceptable to act this way at a public event.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm a true Alberta Redneck and proud of it :D I am not the guy though that gets pailed and turns his kids loose unsupervised or rides like an azz in the parking lot of large events. Infact I'm the guy that would never even entertain the idea of bringing my kids and family to a large event that has been known for its party atmosphere, been there done that. Educate yourselves about the events your attending by chatting with riders, reading forums like this one. I've said it before and I'll say it again Robb Rally is a blast and I regret missing it this year but ROBB RALLY = PLUGGED RAD AND HANGOVER. :shots: Like mudboy says, we all need to lead by example and there is plenty of bush for all of us. Ride safe, drink responsibly, and pack out what you pack in.

whopper809

Reaction score
I completely agree with your post. Except your claim to be a true Alberta redneck, :D it can't be so cause you where making too much sence in your statement. I believe we all know the flavor of Rednecks I'm talking about.

I'm looking at the ones more that do stuff like this without a second thought.

Top Bottom