Road salt.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Holy mackerel Andy!

The east and the north eastern states in particular are preparing for a big storm. The pile of salt on that pad is friggin' huge! Not only is that a lot of salt, just think about the salt they have spread over the years and what they may be spreading in the future.

winter-weather-massachusetts.jpg

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I question where all the salt is going. Waterways? I’m sure the local fresh water fish love that.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think that liquid mixture that they are now using is any better.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I question where all the salt is going. Waterways? I’m sure the local fresh water fish love that.
I agree. I know the greenies complain about it going into the ditches but they are quite green with grasses, clover, and various kinds of weeds. It definitely gets into the water table at some point.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what does that do to the water PH

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think that liquid mixture that they are now using is any better

If they're spraying that liquid vehicle dissolver good luck, hope you get rid of it quick. Edmonton did it for a few years but thankfully seems to be on the outs now. Massive rust on vehicles plus the roads turn back into a sheet of ice below -20

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was white water rafting from Illecillewaet River into Revelstoke and asked the guide if the water was safe to drink. He said there is a hi way on one side and railway on the other so NO. That salt has to be bad for things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom