RMK troubles

stiz

Reaction score
im attempting to install a 151' track on my edge chassis and its a 144' skid now and i have heard i can get away with moving the skid back an inch and installing a big wheel kit so i don't need rail extensions, any helpful input is appreciated

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
makes sense to me as a 151 is only really 3.5" longer than a 144. take 1" on your skid leaves 2.5, 1.5 or so on the wheeels and you can adjust the rest.:beer::beer:

stiz

Reaction score
do you think i could maybe get away with putting it together without moving the skid back an inch, it has 4 inch wheels on it now and im going to an 8 inch cause im not overly excited to be drilling holes in my tunnel

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your edge has bigger than 4" rear wheels. The best way to do it without a setback is to add rail extensions. Cheap, easy and strong.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slide the skid back, I did my 97 136 to a 141. Simple to do, I hate rail extensions, looks cheap. Sliding the skid back gives you a better track approach angle as well that will help get you up on top of the snow. Mine was a 1 3/4'' setback and anyone that knows the sled will agree it rocks.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my 03 remove the seat and fuel tank use rear hole in the rear bracket for rear suspension mount remove the front mounts from the tunnel move them back 3 1/2 inches and re-attach. Really good time to put in extraverts you will not have to run big wheels but you have to put on tunnel extension and a long bumper off of a 151 or 159 sled. This ties the tunnel extension to the origional tunnel for more support. Slp tunnel extension kit works really good.

stiz

Reaction score
ok i have a problem now i think, my sled doesn't have the brackets on the back of the tunnel do i need to get some or can i just get away with making a steel plate and mounting it higher in the tunnel like it was

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year RMK, a farmer friend of mine has a RMK that blew up and was mumbling about parting it out. I think his is a vert escape 02,03. 159, 800.

stiz

Reaction score
What year RMK, a farmer friend of mine has a RMK that blew up and was mumbling about parting it out. I think his is a vert escape 02,03. 159, 800.

could you possibly ask him if he wants to sell the chassis, if so what he wants if he decides to get rid of it

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think specialty sled or moutain magic sell the pre made brackets that rivet on the tunnel . The kit has tempplates for hole etc. I recall my buddy did his a few year ago. It is definately worth a phoen call to one of those shops for the low down. :beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think specialty sled or moutain magic sell the pre made brackets that rivet on the tunnel . The kit has tempplates for hole etc. I recall my buddy did his a few year ago. It is definately worth a phoen call to one of those shops for the low down. :beer:

You can make some of your own from 1/4" or 3/16" aluminum plate as well.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slide the skid back, I did my 97 136 to a 141. Simple to do, I hate rail extensions, looks cheap. Sliding the skid back gives you a better track approach angle as well that will help get you up on top of the snow. Mine was a 1 3/4'' setback and anyone that knows the sled will agree it rocks.

Yeah it rocks really good,

when being pulled out by the doo

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks alot:beer::beer:

Finally heard from him. Its a 03 Vert Escape, 159 snow check. Motor seized, everything else great shape. Will part out but perfer to sell whole.
Call Brian @ 403 784 2058 leave message.

Top Bottom