RMK 900 not using oil

camaro7029

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 900 that i just put a used engine in it with 700 miles, connected it all, put oil in the gas for the first run, came back, did not use any oil or maybe barely any, it still seems to be the same level or close, i went for like a 5 hour ride, i bled the oil pump when i connected the oil lines and i had oil dripping out of them, what my issue? thanks

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say that either the pump isnt installed right, or its broken. Could also just be the cable. More then likely the cable.

camaro7029

Reaction score
New oil cable already and adjusted. Engine came out of a running sled with the oil pump and it was working. Where is the vent on the oil tank could mine be plugged?

Hansen13

Reaction score
Could it be the cases? Was the reason my brothers blew up right after rebuilding it, rebuilt it again and put new cases in the motor, runs great now and gets lots of oil.

camaro7029

Reaction score
Going to check tomorrow. I bought a new oil rez cap maybe the vent is plugged im thinking. Going to pull off the pto side oil line and see if its pumpin some oil. I gotta figure this out. What mixture should i put in the gas? 50:1?

Top Bottom