Rktech drop in kit

snobyrd

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of the members has tried kelseys rktech drop in piston and head kit. I chatted with him 2 times and the kit sounds pretty promising , he's claiming 15 hp with no controller and excellent engine reliability, and sells for 800$. He said this kit will put the pro ahead of the bomi and cat.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of the members has tried kelseys rktech drop in piston and head kit. I chatted with him 2 times and the kit sounds pretty promising , he's claiming 15 hp with no controller and excellent engine reliability, and sells for 800$. He said this kit will put the pro ahead of the bomi and cat.

I have not done the dropin kits on the polaris yet. But ive done them on the doo's and his shim kit on the cats. They have all worked really well. I had a guy here in town that i did a drop in kit for last year and he was so happy with how the kit worked he decided he wanted more so am now doin one of kelsey's 860's on his doo. The nice thing about kelsey's stuff is he tests and rides in the mtn's all the time.

EASY

Reaction score
Just started tear down for my drop in kit, Engine pics 2012 pro 800 163 without the oil pump turned up 670miles. Going to greese all my electrical plugs and install my tether cord, the kit should be here in two weeks, which will give me lots of time for all the cleaning. I am also going to take my cylinders to a local shop and have the bores and skirts checked.

Just got back from having the bores checked on the cylinders. .001 difference in both cylinders ( including the skirts ) and less than .005 difference between the two.

found a few things to watch for
1 wire plug going to the fuel tank was stuck between the ECU and oil tank wearing on both was evident.

2 the clutch side spark plug wire was rubbing on the vent lines from the exshust valve, made very visable wear markes

3 clutch side exshust at y pipe to cylinder was leaking oil down the motor, I do not know what the torque on those should be, but might want to check that

4 same as above, but for the exshust valve gasket leaking

5 If anyone has not put a bottle on the exshust valve vent line, probably should ..... what a mess.

Was posting on another site, so just copy and pasted it over from a few different posts. Will add the pics when I can get it to work.
progress.gif

Last edited:

EASY

Reaction score
OK, so I do not know how to post pics I guess!!!!!! do I need to resize ??? and is there a limit to the pixal count ?? can't get the other pics up, and the first two are huge ??

Top Bottom