Rkt 925

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Yes the Jaws comes with a deflector, we have found with the big bore and exhaust combo it requires more air which is why we have either vented our own air box or used the Bdx air box.

Deano

Jaws recommends specifically to NOT alter the airbox with their pipe.. We have done many alterations with the stock air box and all of them lost power (same with what Jaws found)

We found the very same with the M series air boxes... everytime you would mod them.. they would lose power... Air flow is significantly reduced, not increased, when you alter the boxes with vents.. just our findings and Jaws's as well..

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see some stock sleds run beside the 925 kits to see how much more they actually put out. The videos on youtube look like the PC 925's really work but with no side by side comparison........

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see some stock sleds run beside the 925 kits to see how much more they actually put out. The videos on youtube look like the PC 925's really work but with no side by side comparison........

I can make this happen this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome to see. I really want a sled that I can still ride around home and turbos are not good for ditch banging and lake riding

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year I will be riding with a couple stockish proclimbs, a new pro, xm, and an M1000. Ill try to get some runs with all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws recommends specifically to NOT alter the airbox with their pipe.. We have done many alterations with the stock air box and all of them lost power (same with what Jaws found)

We found the very same with the M series air boxes... everytime you would mod them.. they would lose power... Air flow is significantly reduced, not increased, when you alter the boxes with vents.. just our findings and Jaws's as well..

Thats interesting considering the 3 piece exhaust spent many hours on the dyno at Arctic Edge on both stock and big bore engines. The proof will be on the snow as it was all season last year. Its always nice to get as second opinion though, thank you Kelsey.

Deano

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess an update to this post. The RKT 925 ran flawlessly all last season after I fixed an oops which was my fault. Ran it with the stock pipe with the numbers from Kelsey and they were bang on. Finally threw the Jaws pipe on this year that was sitting in the garage. The recommended numbers for the pipe were way too fat for my machine. It's currently waiting in line to get on the dyno to get dialed in before my next trip so I don't waste a trip playing with it.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running Brent's 925 kit now for coming on a year...it flat out rips! The numbers I was given for the fuel mapping were a little rich so was able to lean that back a bit. Starts 2 or 3rd pull every time, and is a monster on the hill!

Raptor727

Reaction score
Are you running a pump gas set up or and Av Gas set up on that Linderman 925? What track speeds are you seeing? I have a Linderman ported and milled down head stock bore M800, I was wondering how big the difference is in upgrading to the 925 cylinders.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you running a pump gas set up or and Av Gas set up on that Linderman 925? What track speeds are you seeing? I have a Linderman ported and milled down head stock bore M800, I was wondering how big the difference is in upgrading to the 925 cylinders.

Hey Raptor, I am running the pump gas kit with Boyesen reeds and complete single jaws pipe set up, pulling about 68-72mph track speed at 8000ft and roughly 8350-8400 rpm.

Top Bottom