Rkt 925

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a RK Tek 925 on their Proclimb? Thinking about throwing one in my '13 over the summer. How is the tuning and reliability? Is there a super lean midrange like most mod motors? I ran his porting in my M1000 and it was an arm ripper for sure.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They've got an amazing reputation over on snowest. Guys that have em love em. Don't have any hands on experience with one but I've heard running that coupled with a jaws pipe and PCV setup and it becomes an animal. Contact Eric at racinstation in Idaho, hes running one and could set u up with the pipe and PCV, with dual maps and all. Hope that helps!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well an update to this. Cylinders are down getting lightened up at RK Tek right now.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see you are using Brents motor plate, why not his 925??

Deano

I haven't heard much at all about his 925. I'm sure it works well I've used Kelsey's porting and head in my M1000 so I know how well his stuff works. Had I have heard more about Brent's bb I probably would of went that way to keep it local.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough:beer: we have had huge success and very happy customers. 190hp on pump gas/195hp on straight av and there will be a full race version of this engine on the snow early this season.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough:beer: we have had huge success and very happy customers. 190hp on pump gas/195hp on straight av and there will be a full race version of this engine on the snow early this season.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

I'm interested in seeing one of these motors run.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good chance in that happening, it has become a VERY popular engine this year. Question for you has RKT recommended any air box changes with the engine they are selling you??

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how you are getting enough air into that engine without opening up the airbox?? Food for thought with the jaws FULL 3 piece exhaust you will be in absolute need of airbox mods.

Deano

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its because of Kelseys magical patented combustion chamber design. It doesnt need any more fuel or air. And if its anything like the etec big bore he has it doesnt even require any additional clutch wieght! He could try to explain it to you but you wouldnt understand. :rolleyes:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
So what you're saying is it doesn't make any more power than stock!
Its because of Kelseys magical patented combustion chamber design. It doesnt need any more fuel or air. And if its anything like the etec big bore he has it doesnt even require any additional clutch wieght! He could try to explain it to you but you wouldnt understand. :rolleyes:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And he would tell you to use the stock pipe and can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And his Pizza has better toppings ?
Couldn't resist .
Good luck and hope it works for you .

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And his Pizza has better toppings ?
Couldn't resist .
Good luck and hope it works for you .

I understand where all you guys are coming from. I was the same when I was bolting in his top end on my m1000. When I ran it I couldn't believe it. It was honestly right where Kelsey and others described. I couldn't give it enough fuel.

Ran with a good buddy of mine with a CPC 1300. Biggest difference between the two sleds was he ran a camo 2.5 and I ran a 3" camo. We basically ran neck and neck and my injectors were maxed out and could of used bigger ones.

So like I said before I went with Kelsey because I know and trust his work. Yea some of his claims may be out there and this 925 may be just that. But from previous experience I think it will be a runner. Pfi, I invite you to come out and see for yourself to give an unbiased opinion and just to ride with you. I would definitely like to run it against Lindermans 925 to see where they both stack up. I'm limited on time off but could work with someone who's running Brent's motor just for curiosity sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the little fellas Pizza in a different brand of sled .
After some shipping and down time it worked pretty good .
But not set up to builders recommendation .
Not going to get into that as it it was a few years ago and these guys all change there building options as time goes on.
It's all in the set up most times ? That includes clutching and fuel.
That's why I say good luck.
Have seen some really poor BB that a stock makes more performance.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran his 15HP drop-in kit on an 05 rev which was a head and piston kit the sled had a crankshop pipe mbrp can v-force reeds and a team secondary. His kit definitely made more power than the stock motor. That sled got stolen and I bought an 09 M8 with the head and it had a full SLP setup with a boondocker box. I listened to kelsy and went back to a stock pipe and super Q can and the sled worked wayyyyy better. The tuning also became nothing. All I had to do is add fuel on the very top end.

Sent from my mind

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good chance in that happening, it has become a VERY popular engine this year. Question for you has RKT recommended any air box changes with the engine they are selling you??

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

So with talking with him some more he is saying he tried some different things with the intake with not much success. The jaws pipe comes with their own airbox mod which he says works very well. Not 100% sure what it is yet but ill find out soon enough if it works or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Jaws comes with a deflector, we have found with the big bore and exhaust combo it requires more air which is why we have either vented our own air box or used the Bdx air box.

Deano

Top Bottom