RK Tek 827 - mixing?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ones ive installed via kelseys suggestiosn with the head are high elevation 91 octane with maybe 4-5L of 111 for safety. at low elevation with the high altitude head you need to run 100% race fuel or swap heads

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to install a knock sensor to see If I should be mixing a little hevier (assuming that is what this sensor does)? I mix right now but am never sure if I am mixing enough or too much. There must be some type of sensor or true method of detirmining what mix to run.

I have read sooo much on different sounds, knocks, pings and such that I really don't know. I almost feel like I have read into this too much to the point that I am confusing my self. Even if I knew exactly what to listen for, I wouldn't be able to hear it in the mountains, with a helmet on and ears popping, whould I?

grahamkomada

Reaction score
The problem is not with the kit, it is with our fuel up here. Pump gas means Premium (91 octane or higher)(no ethanol). I run a mix of pump gas and c12 80\20 at low elevation with a 13.1 head. If the station where you fill up goes thought a lot of premium For example The glacier ridge resort fuel pump in revelstoke then you do not need to mix as you are sure your getting fresh gas. It is only when you start to run stale garbage fuel that you will run into problems.

Top Bottom