RipCharger

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know they are developing a kit for the doos as well and I am pretty interested as well. Dave from powderlites is helping in the developement and will also be carrying ripchargers as well. He could probably help with any questions that you may have. I hope these things are the real deal because they have some advantages over a turbo setup(no underhood heat, no lag and simpler installation.).

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i got on their email list awhile back, but nothin new in forever. So i seen the shop the other day when i was pickin up my pipesfrom the ceramic coaters. Decided to stop in and try to chat with someone about its progress but the front lady chickie said everyone was to busy,,,,so who knows what the deal is there.

taz1000

Reaction score
Ya i got on their email list awhile back, but nothin new in forever. So i seen the shop the other day when i was pickin up my pipesfrom the ceramic coaters. Decided to stop in and try to chat with someone about its progress but the front lady chickie said everyone was to busy,,,,so who knows what the deal is there.

I spoke to the guys at the shop a couple of weeks ago the said they had a little more testing to do and the should be ready for sale late janurary early februray.:d

CatTails

Reaction score
I was at the snomobile expo in edmonton this past Saturday and got the chance to see the ripcharger in person, Let me tell you. Very impressive, Very solid and well built product. They're still doing testing, I got a panflet on the ripcharger and I will update this tomorrow with some of the information on the panflet.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They kinda peed me off. Why even show that super charger setup if it isn't ready to be sold. All they did was bolt one on that m8 for show, it doesn;t even work right yet. If I was inventing something cool, I would not let the cat out of the bag until it was ready to be sold for all consumers.They could even give prices there but have no product.....what the hell!By spring time when their setup is ready for the m series there will be many palces out of the states that will have them also.:rant:

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this system looks very cool the guy i talked to said they can do a carbed xp im a little leary about that but cant wait to hear about further testing

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They kinda peed me off. Why even show that super charger setup if it isn't ready to be sold. All they did was bolt one on that m8 for show, it doesn;t even work right yet. If I was inventing something cool, I would not let the cat out of the bag until it was ready to be sold for all consumers.They could even give prices there but have no product.....what the hell!By spring time when their setup is ready for the m series there will be many palces out of the states that will have them also.:rant:

Did you talk to the guy there at all? He explained to me that the M8 was their test mule, and he had ridden it a few times and nearly had his arms ripped off because of the power right out of the hole. I spoke with him for at least half an hour on the topic. I don't understand why you're upset. I thought it was awesome to see some new innovation regardless of when it's ready. It's a very good marketing decision on their part to have it right out in the eyes of the consumer. :rolleyes:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We talked to him Friday night and he said they have 20 of them ready for testing in b.c. as soon as the snow falls. The one at the show they tested last winter already. Sounds like an awesome product and there doing a lot of r and d to make sure they got all the bugs out.

CatTails

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys with the information on the panflet Here it is.

rip charger 1: a forced-air induction system for the two-stroke engines that mechanically delivers compressed air into the fuel and combustion system to provide increased horsepower and torque, instantly and without any added lag.

WHAT IS RIPCHARGER?
In the summer of 2009, in Kamloops BC, A fella named Russ Pocha met a fella named Dennis Smith. Russ, A tradesman and inventor of sorts, had a burning idea, And Dennis, A local businessman and enterpreneur might just be the guy to help him make it a reality. The ides was this, There mus be a way to supercharge a two stroke snowmobile without the lag and added weight of traditional turbo add-ons. Russ had been working on this technology for more than four years. And he was sure that with the right resources and team this might just work. Dennis was intrigued and agreed that if this worked it could be huge. They decided to partner up, And Ripcharger was born.
Almost two years later Ripcharger has grown to include a core team of engineers and developers operating out of a 20,000 sq. ft. state of the art R&D facility. Partners like black diamond extreme and powder lites manufacturing, known for their outstanding reputations in developing top quality innovative products, have come on board to round out the R&D and manufacturing end of things. Fully functional kits have been tested in a variety of sleds, and some pro0riders and industry heavyweights have had a chance to try the Ripcharger on for size. Reactions have ranged from utter cpeechlessness to roars of amazement, but in the end, the sentiment is always the same. "I want one!" Ripcharger has also been featured in publicatoins such as OSM Magazine, Business Kamloops in the Financial Post. The webside has been inundated with eager responses from consumers and vendors alike. There is no doubt that when the system is released, it will blow the industry wide open. Find out more, and sign up for upstates at Ripcharger - The World's First Two Stroke Supercharger System, and get ready to experience the raw instant power that is RIPCHARGER

That's all that's on the panflet hope it gave some of you some answers to questions maybe? Or a better understanding of the background? Just thought I'd throw it out there!

CatTails

Reaction score
I to also talked to the guy for a good while at the show and asked him about the whole price issue and they said it would be around 4500-5000 on certain applications which is still cheaper than a turbo and for what you get in my mind is better, No turbo lag is what caught me.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hellllllllllllooooooooo! Guys they are not available!Yeah sure they say they have 20 sleds(trial)that they have set up with them.......yeah.....they'll be on the mountain trying them, but we can still not be able to buy them!Well you guys wait till spring time, meanwhile i'll ride a turbo.Superchargers are not some new invention, how long does it take?He definately told me late spring for the arctic cats:realmad:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw it at the show too, but must have totally mis-understood the guy. I would swear that he said the AC package is ready to go and is for sale now. It would be around the end of Feb. for Polaris and Ski-Doo apps
????????? Spent about a half hour talkin to the guy

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I had the chance to ride with the test sled (m8) one day last season. Yes it is impressive, with no turbo lag at all. It is instant. I wanted to run my turbo M8 against it but my sled was giving trouble that day so I couldn't, but no matter, it would of blew my sled away out of the hole for sure. (I run 12 psi of boost) My son purchased a kit for his XP and it should be in around the end of Nov.
These Rip charger guys are professionals that mean business with this kit and have all their ducks in a row to deliver. At least that's what I can see. One nice thing is especially on the M8 kit, it is so simple to install, all "bolt on" and in a few hours. I am not sure if the kit was tested on a Polaris yet but I know the tests on the XP were quite positive.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw it at the show too, but must have totally mis-understood the guy. I would swear that he said the AC package is ready to go and is for sale now. It would be around the end of Feb. for Polaris and Ski-Doo apps
????????? Spent about a half hour talkin to the guy

My understanding after talking to him was that they had 20 going out for early season testing and that the AC package would be ready for sale Feb 2011. I may have misunderstood him though.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
My understanding after talking to him was that they had 20 going out for early season testing and that the AC package would be ready for sale Feb 2011. I may have misunderstood him though.

He probably told you that because I believe they want to make sure stock is there when peps order them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sooner but I could be wrong. I wouldn't want to give wrong info on them so all I know is stuff is getting built.

Top Bottom