Riding/ Life Insurance?

Full Curl

Reaction score
A question for those of you that go out of prvince or out of country to ride.
Do you obtain some sort of travel insurance in case of an accident?
Heading to Golden real soon and was thinking about this.
Thanks.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

good question, another point to note on this subject is to make sure you are covered if in an avy. some policies deny payout if you are participating in a dangerous sport,. for ex. mountain riding.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

My life insurance is through Investors Group and I made sure that it includes things like sky diving and snowmobiling. $500,000 coverage for $21.70 a month. I can give you a name and number if you want.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My life insurance is through Investors Group and I made sure that it includes things like sky diving and snowmobiling. $500,000 coverage for $21.70 a month. I can give you a name and number if you want.

ever notice how in the dangerous sports catagory that they will deny coverage for, that it does not include white water rafting or canoeing? wtf is up with that.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What?! I didn't know they didn't include those in that category! Thats ridiculous!

The trick is to tell them AFTER you sign up for your policy. They asked me when I got it if I flew any aircrafts, had any intentions to, wanted to skydive or do anything like that and I said no. Then I went and flew a helicopter, went sky diving and bought a sled! :D

But yes, it's pretty gay. They just want everyone to sit in a bubble and never do anything. Eff that!

Full Curl

Reaction score

Thanks for the offer! Got a quote this morning for 5,000,000 unexpected medical/ no exclusions for $15.00. Pretty cheap for 3 days I thought.

summitkid600

Reaction score
i got one through ama that i can leave the country for up to 3 weeks at a time and it is good for the whole year for 60 dollars. pretty cheap if you ask me

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thanks for the offer! Got a quote this morning for 5,000,000 unexpected medical/ no exclusions for $15.00. Pretty cheap for 3 days I thought.

Nope...you got hosed...$1825/yr if you do the math...

Could have bought a $5mil policy for the WHOLE year for less...just sayin.

Props to you for at least doing it though, but do you not carry life insurance for the rest of the year??? That makes no sense at all...

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to set up life insurance too. Have to shop around to find the best. Been on nights far to long to even do that lol..

radar09

Reaction score
Well I might be able to shed some light on the life insurance aspect for you all, I have been in the business for 15 years now. A personal policy has a 2 year contestability period that if you mislead the insurance company while applying, they have the right to deny the benefit. After 2 years a personal policy will pay on any death even suicide, and it will pay where ever you are, even Afghanistan.
Each company words their question differently, but when you apply the question will read similar to "do you engage in any hazardous activities or intend to do so in the future, such as motorized racing, arial activities, underwater diving, or mountain climbing.
I have found that snowmobiling in the mountains and canoeing, etc is not a big deal for a lot of companies, they just want you to disclose it. The only time they might want to exclude an activity is if it is a race with prizes!
I hope this helps.
Watch out for the travel insurances and the Accidental Death Insurances as their exclusions lists are quite long and confusing. Go find a reputable insurance agent that will explain the policy options before you buy.

Full Curl

Reaction score

Props to you for at least doing it though, but do you not carry life insurance for the rest of the year??? That makes no sense at all...

I did the math. I have Life Insurance, (actually a few policies) but I was more referencing travel insurance. More for hospital costs etc. while out of home province.
So for $15 for 3 days, I was happy with that. (Even more happy that I didn't need to use the insurace!!):)

Full Curl

Reaction score

I did the math. I have Life Insurance, (actually a few policies) but I was more referencing travel insurance. More for hospital costs etc. while out of home province.
So for $15 for 3 days, I was happy with that. (Even more happy that I didn't need to use the insurance!!):)

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize this is an older thread but just wondering if anyone has run into issues lately with 'off trail snowmobiling' on life insurance policies? I have hit a bit of a wall with a new policy and am being told it is most likely due to the rise in avalanche deaths in the last few years. Any feedback would be appreciated guys/gals.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I realize this is an older thread but just wondering if anyone has run into issues lately with 'off trail snowmobiling' on life insurance policies? I have hit a bit of a wall with a new policy and am being told it is most likely due to the rise in avalanche deaths in the last few years. Any feedback would be appreciated guys/gals.

I've never had life insurance so I can't help you one iota!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't have any dependants so i would like to die as deep in debt as possible! lol don't need life insurance for that.

TB

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the benefits at work is an accidental death & dismemberment policy, but I would like something a little more substantial. Anyone recommend companies to check into? Looking for a larger policy, but not ridiculously priced.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I went through the same thing with investors group. they just changed it in 2012 and yes it is because of the rise in avy deaths. the only reason i wanted life insurance is for "off trail snowmobiling"

Top Bottom