Riding in fernie?

Slammer85

Reaction score
I'm goin to fernie this weekend for my first time, just wondering if anyone has some input on where to go riding around there? Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm goin to fernie this weekend for my first time, just wondering if anyone has some input on where to go riding around there? Thanks

The snow, like most mountain areas this year, is awesome. The Rolling Hills had almost a meter of fresh in the last dump. The stairs into the Wrangler's cabin are non-existant! I haven't seen that in the last 10 years.....

First of all, get a map ($10 donation; $5 to the vendor and $5 to the FSA) from Ghostrider or Gearhub. The main staging area is Coal Creek. Ride the groomed trail to marker 115 at the entrance to the Rolling Hills. Great tree riding and excellent playing. From there, make your way to the Wrangler's, the pipeline, and the Notch. If you are exploring in nature you will find lots of untouched powder.

Most of all, have fun and play safe, fs

Slammer85

Reaction score
Cool thanks alot man! Is there hill climbing in those areas? Were doing some turbo testing on a new pro rmk and are looking for some hills aswell. Sounds like the snows amazing out there! I'm lookin forward to it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow, like most mountain areas this year, is awesome. The Rolling Hills had almost a meter of fresh in the last dump. The stairs into the Wrangler's cabin are non-existant! I haven't seen that in the last 10 years.....

First of all, get a map ($10 donation; $5 to the vendor and $5 to the FSA) from Ghostrider or Gearhub. The main staging area is Coal Creek. Ride the groomed trail to marker 115 at the entrance to the Rolling Hills. Great tree riding and excellent playing. From there, make your way to the Wrangler's, the pipeline, and the Notch. If you are exploring in nature you will find lots of untouched powder.

Most of all, have fun and play safe, fs

Thanks for the info. What a year to have my sled in peices?! I'm going to rectify that this week hopefully and get out there. I haven't been out yet this year!! I miss the rolling hills with fresh snow.. =(

Fernie isn't like Golden and other areas for big mountains and big hills. That doesn't bother me one bit as I generally stay off them. All we can ask is every sledder rides safely.

I hope to be sled boarding in a week or so! Yipee!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Cool thanks alot man! Is there hill climbing in those areas? Were doing some turbo testing on a new pro rmk and are looking for some hills aswell. Sounds like the snows amazing out there! I'm lookin forward to it.

The hill climbing is in the trees and as Shibby says, "not like Golden". There are places like Harvey, Powder Bob's, the Notch, 29 Mile, etc for climbing but one pretty much needs a local guide to show you around. With the snow load this winter, there will be huge consequences when things let go. Ride safe and have fun, fs

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you can look on the Alberta side, in areas like york or lost, or go to corbin and get into the rain guage, there are hills in them areas that are deffinatly long enough to strech the legs of any turbo, but again there was alot of snow recently, so air on the side of caution on the big stuff

Top Bottom