Riding/camping

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a decent place to ride with alot of room for campers? Something that is not going to cost alot, and not give alot of issues when it comes to riding. We are getting married on the trail and want to host a huge camping trip/wedding party out there, and have a few ideas, but not sure on if there are more out there or not. Any ideas that you have or contributions to this occassion would be greatly appriciated, thank you very much!!!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a great place with lots of open room and some good trails is just west of rocky, out by the basline firewatch towers, friend of mine actually got married at the top of the mountain at the tower , everyone quadded and biked to the top and got it done.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
we are shooting for August 25th but are having alot of problems deciding on a place, there are a few we have been told about and are going to check out, but we want to do it our way and totally out of the ordinary!! lol

Thank you for the congrats!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen 2 wedding parties over the years, on the top of marble moutain , west of caroline on the forest trunk road. lots of quad riding, and camping. another sweet spot is on the bluff overlooking the clearwater river by the red deer suds buds campout hideaway.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awwwwwwwww the infamous marble mountain.... not sure id point her in that direction larry, there is rumours of its existance but your gps says otherwise, lol one day perhaps we shall find this " marble mountain" and still have nuff gas to get back home lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awwwwwwwww the infamous marble mountain.... not sure id point her in that direction larry, there is rumours of its existance but your gps says otherwise, lol one day perhaps we shall find this " marble mountain" and still have nuff gas to get back home lol

i fear for your guys lives(and mine), and this is what i get, shheeet you guys should have come up the tower road with us nice lookout. but anyway we may have been running on fumes, what with Neville and that friggin polaris.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fear for your guys lives(and mine), and this is what i get, shheeet you guys should have come up the tower road with us nice lookout. but anyway we may have been running on fumes, what with Neville and that friggin polaris.
his popo was doing better then mine, when we stopped that afternoon for a quick lunch ( while you were making soup on the trail lol) mine quad was already on 1 bar, 10 min later and it was blinking at me, im still amazed that i didnt run out until we got back to gravel.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen 2 wedding parties over the years, on the top of marble moutain , west of caroline on the forest trunk road. lots of quad riding, and camping. another sweet spot is on the bluff overlooking the clearwater river by the red deer suds buds campout hideaway.
The bluff is a nice spot. As far as marble mountain. It's all in crackadooin's head. No such place or at least he was lost again.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bluff is a nice spot. As far as marble mountain. It's all in crackadooin's head. No such place or at least he was lost again.

oh arff you where there on the tower site, and you wanted to go back, you got oldtimers=bad memory

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah so what is new, stuck going and coming, get with the entertainment program
icon10.gif

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of area are you lookin for dirt doo'n. there is an area north of prarie creek called the meadows, that has the ram forestry tower, 7000' +, lots of camping, quadding. views would be good. again what are you looking for.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of area are you lookin for dirt doo'n. there is an area north of prarie creek called the meadows, that has the ram forestry tower, 7000' +, lots of camping, quadding. views would be good. again what are you looking for.
Lol Larry thats the same place i recommended the tower is the baseline firewatch, there is a newer station and the older one, the new one is simple to get to its pretty much a jagged goat road all the way to the top, the old one is a little more tricky near the top, maybe not the best for inexperienced riders.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
If you are looking for something that everybody could get to, not just us die hards, there is a nice campground in the Stanger Hills at an elk ranch that caters to quads. Nice trails, good campsite, zip line.

Might want to check that out.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol Larry thats the same place i recommended the tower is the baseline firewatch, there is a newer station and the older one, the new one is simple to get to its pretty much a jagged goat road all the way to the top, the old one is a little more tricky near the top, maybe not the best for inexperienced riders.

i'm thinkin we are talkin 2 different places your talking baseline towers 30 km west of prarie creek campground, the meadows is up the north fork road 30 + kms. before the prarie creek campground, at the ram tower.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinkin we are talkin 2 different places your talking baseline towers 30 km west of prarie creek campground, the meadows is up the north fork road 30 + kms. before the prarie creek campground, at the ram tower.

oh ok gotcha never been there yet i guess

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
You might like the Ghost Airstrip Group use site.
Ghost Airstrip
Fee: $200.00/night first 5 units; $15.00/night each additional unit; non-refundable $12.00 reservation fee; access to OHV trails; group shelter accomodates large groups; winter staging/camping free of charge.
Reservation Phone: 403-637-2198
Total # of Units: 50
here is the link http://www.albertaparks.ca/siteinformation.aspx?id=160

it becomes your own private campground for the weekend. You can ride right out of there and there is a ton of trials int he area. You can download a garmin gpx/track file from the srd for the Ghost area with all the trials on it. The Calgary atv club rents this spot a few times a year.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
well we drfinatley are going to check out a few spots, and when we finally decide I will let you all know....everyone on snow and mud is more then welcome to join us for the party and the ride!!! Should be a good time!!! Thank you everyone!!

Top Bottom