Riding Areas near Comox?

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I'm headed out with the gf to her folks place in Comox over Christmas break this year and looking to bring the sled out and do some riding around Mount Washington/Comox area on the island.

Can anyone give me some directions or let me tag along with them? Probably Dec 23, 24 and 26. (Decent rider on an XM with all the avy gear/training etc.)

Cheers,

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We almost moved to Cambell river and one of our concerns was sledding, after taking a ride up to Mt.Washington in late March no concern... but I chose a different job.

Just drive up towards Mount Washington Alpine resort and you will see the snowmobile club signage and staging areas...

I'm headed out with the gf to her folks place in Comox over Christmas break this year and looking to bring the sled out and do some riding around Mount Washington/Comox area on the island.

Can anyone give me some directions or let me tag along with them? Probably Dec 23, 24 and 26. (Decent rider on an XM with all the avy gear/training etc.)

Cheers,

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post on here closer to the time you will be on the island there will be lots of people sledding Mt Washington over Christmas. There are other places to ride too.

hotwing

Reaction score

Cheers,

I'll be in Port Alberni around that same time too with my sled. The riding I've done around Mount Washington wasn't very good but it does get a decent base for that time of year.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I'm heading out on Saturday, Dec 22 to the island. Will be looking to sled on the 24th, 26th and 27th probably. I'll be staying in Comox, PM me if I can tag along with ya.

harper44

Reaction score
Looking to ride Mt Arrowsmith on the 24th in the morning, should be a few guys going up if you don't mind driving down

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
Heading to the island Sunday to spend Xmas bringing both sleds go and I plan to ride 26 to possibly 27-28 from RD pm me if looking for riding buds never rode on the island and ya!!!! Called dealer in Courtney said snow is amazing for the island

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be riding after Boxing Day as much as possible. No dates confirmed except Mt Hall on Boxing Day for a short rip. but pretty much open until the 6th of Jan

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to the island Sunday to spend Xmas bringing both sleds go and I plan to ride 26 to possibly 27-28 from RD pm me if looking for riding buds never rode on the island and ya!!!! Called dealer in Courtney said snow is amazing for the island

And ya snow is awesome

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
Hotel is booked!! We'll be staying in Courtney dec 26 to 29 where to ride? I was hoping someone could give us directions a map or join us, it will be myself and my gf. I ride a 2013 doo xm and she rides my 2011 pro. I am good smart rider not a dick have all gear and she is very novice but loves it and is getting better everyday, any help on where to go would be appreciated.

thanks for the help can pm me

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotel is booked!! We'll be staying in Courtney dec 26 to 29 where to ride? I was hoping someone could give us directions a map or join us, it will be myself and my gf. I ride a 2013 doo xm and she rides my 2011 pro. I am good smart rider not a dick have all gear and she is very novice but loves it and is getting better everyday, any help on where to go would be appreciated.

thanks for the help can pm me

Crappy I wasnt gunna be there this year for xmas I coulda even travelled there at the same time as ya! Id hit up a bike/sled shop and they'll point you in the right direction. People are very friendly there and more than happy to help :)

Courtenay Motorsports - 4883 N Island Hwy Courtenay, BC Equipment %26 Accessories&where=Comox BC&cli=1,7&le=cea9167c68|9bb7ab268

hotwing

Reaction score
I'm heading over to the island on boxing day, looking to ride somewhere on the 27th, based outta port alberni, could do Arrowsmith, McLaughlin, or something more north, Mt.Washington, Mt Adrian, etc. drop me a line on here if you wanna go for a rip.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
In courtenay looking to do some riding rodev2 days with the gf on mount Washington was a blast she has given me dec 28 to ride alone with some locals pm me if interested. I have full avy gear 2013 doo xm and easy to get along with!! Oh ya fairly good rider too!!!!

587-877-2400

danny

harper44

Reaction score
Check out P.A. Slednecks on facebook. There's a few guys out of port alberni that organize rides on that page

hotwing

Reaction score
couple deep days around port alberni, sledding by labour day and sproat lake.

you guys are lucky to be able to ride there all year, so much snow and very fun terrain!

XMAS_ISLAND-5005.jpg
XMAS_ISLAND-1110189.jpg

Top Bottom