Riding area on Merritt Kelowna Connector?

baysel

Reaction score
Where do people ride on the connector from Merritt to Kelowna? I have to go up there for some work and would like to meet a buddy from Clearwater, figured that is about the half way point from Fraser Valley and CW.

I have had some friends tell me before there is a good area up there but didn't get details? What is the ridding like? Is there enough snow yet?

Appreciate any info.

stusnow

Reaction score
I know this isn't on the connector but the coq snow club has a few riding areas. I've only been to one of them. Parked at the rest area north of where toll booths use to be. Quick groomed trail to cabin and alpine riding was decent. Big snowfalls there but short season I imagine it rains pretty early there

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of riding in the area with very good condition and season is generaly good.
On the 97c Connector, there is Pennask mtn that is accessable at Sunset main and Elkart lodge, both these offer excellent tree riding with lots of untouched snow.
At the Pennask summit there is a sledding cabin for warming up.

There is Honeymoon north of Merritt a popular local riding spot with a sledding cabin.

On the Coq. at the Coquihalla lodge there is Tyhn head mtn and 10K and the Coquihalla lakes. All offer great sledding and extreme snow conditions. 10K is extreme sledding and is suited for adrenalin junkies with big HP, it has chut pulls exceeding Revy and Eagles.
Weather can be an issue but the season is long.
This area has excellent tree riding but has difficult area to ride because of geography. It makes Revy and Eagles a cake walk.
Its also a very very popular area and can get busy.

baysel

Reaction score
Thanks guys, good info.

I mostly ride at Coq Lakes right now so pretty familiar with those areas.

I tried finding more info on Honeymoon and Pennask but the Merrit Snowmobile Club doesn't even have a map on their site? Can anyone give me some better directions at least to where to park?

Is there enough snow to ride there right now or better wait a couple weeks.

Thanks again

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are big signs on the HWY telling you the turn offs.
Depending on the direction your coming from Sunset main and Elkart lodge turn off are approx. 10km appart. Sunset main being closer to Kelowna.
Both are fairly self explanatory on where to go and ride and park.

Top Bottom