? Ridin - Around Crimson Lake ??

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any riding around Crimson Lake ?? Anything up Hwy #756 ??? I want to go on a day ride so was willing to try a new area! Was flipin through my "Backroad Mapbook" and looking for nice country with not to much mud to go ridin on !! Let me know !!! Thanks ! :d

Is there any where else close to Rocky for good day rides ?? (I've done the railline lots (and love it) but just willing to try new places)

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, went out today !!! After studying the "maps" , decided on "The Gas Line". I have ridin the railline lots but always staged at Chamber's Creek or Saunder's but today decided to ride "the Gas Line". :d Just pulled off the Hi-way and off loaded the quads. I didn't realize it was so far to the river - about 15 kms from the hi-way !! Some pretty good skeg holes to ride around, too. My father-in-law (69 yrs. old) ridin his old timber-wolf did pretty good.Tried to make it to the "caboose" but decide to turn around at the big ravine by "the coalminer's trail".We wanted to make it home for supper at a decent time.Still a very good day for ridin !!( Did about 45 kms)
Just about a perfect day, a slight brezze (helps keep those stupid bugs away :eek: and the bikes run better) and about 23 C. No problems or break-downs and good weather !!!

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently rode from the prairie creek area up the pipe line. There was a few round spots and some mud holes that are alittle more difficult on a trx450 but still possible if you look at it all first.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chambers creek is 18 km west of rocky headed towards nordegg area as well, lots of nice trails there, although looks as though a hurricane hit the place this spring , trees down all over the place but it still seemed alright last i was there about a month ago

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a general map for the Prairie Creek Area, takin the family out there in September....just pre-plannin. Thanks.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bring back an odd thread BUT.............. still wondering if there is any riding or good camping around Crimson Lake ??? Anything between Hwy 756 and the river ??

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
you can leave out of wilderness villiage,,,,,, it isnt the best are due to private land. I have hit some of the meanest skegs I have ever been in west of crimson. there is a map on wildernesses website, the gps coordinates are usless. gives you an idea.

Top Bottom