Rider Reviews

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! We "The Golden Snowmobile Trail Society" are looking for recent (2012/13 season) rider reviews of their trips to Golden area. These reviews are being collected by both the Town of Golden, and Tourism Golden. They will be focusing on trail conditions, being open early, smooth trails, Quartz Cabin, easy access to terrain, etc. etc. These are the kind of comments that help secure snowmobiling's future here in Golden so keep them clean please! They might also help secure future funding for development of cabins, parking areas, and more grooming opportunities!

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
I sled the Golden area about 10 - 12 times per season. Some of those trips include riding two days on the weekends and staying at the Golden Rim (Days Inn now). I usually purchase a trail pass even though some of the areas I ride aren't groomed. My belief is that some of this money (fuel, food, hotel, trail pass, etc) makes it back to the snowmobiling industry in one form or another (groomed trail, cleared parking lots, conditions update). Having greater access to additional ridings areas would be awesome! More options with varying riding skills required (beginner to expert) would be beneficial too as there might be less traffic on those days when everyone comes searching for snow. Not being "local" doesn't mean that I don't care about the area, in fact, I probably care even more as I don't take it for granted. I look forward each week to the weekend's ride, I look forward each summer to hearing or seeing the first snowfall, I look forward to getting my itch scratched! Nothing is like snowmobiling in my opinion. You either get it or you don't. The snow, the cold, it doesn't phase me... knowing that I'm out enjoying my life doing something that I love. Having the opportunities that Golden provides me just makes it even better! Having more opportunities would just sweeten the deal!

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Golden twice this year so far, both 2-day trips. Also stayed at the days Inn. The cabins and trails are kept in good condition. Riding in revelstoke is marketed better, but I like riding Golden Because it's 2 hours closer than Revelstoke. That being said, golden has a huge potential for bringing in a lot of sledders rather than seeing them stop at the fuel station and keep driving.

Every time I go riding I ask the question, Should we just drive the extra 2 hours and ride Revy?

usually its over $500 per person spent in either town with fuel, food, rooms and trail fees. So there is huge potential for money to be brought into town.

My suggestions would be;

Re-do parking lots. OTHER THAN QUARTZ. Parking lots in at riding areas in Golden are Small, and not very well plowed, and sketchy to get to. (wanted to ride Gorman last time but couldn't get there with a 4 place) If I'm driving all the way to the mountains I dont want to spend half a day trying to get my truck unstuck. Making it a hassel for guys hauling 4-place trailers to get in and turned around without getting stuck just makes us want to ride somewhere else,(you can only ride Quartz so many times before you want to drive right past ad hit Revy) and lets face it there's gonna be more and more big trailers headed out there as fuel prices keep going up. (why take 2 trucks when you could take 1)

If there were more areas to explore in golden (able to get to with a 4 place) I believe lots of riders would ride Golden rather than drive to Revy also

Work with hotels to get free trail passes to sledders for staying there.

Top Bottom