Richardson back country

Brant

Reaction score
Hi everybody I am new to these forums I hope everybody had a great new year.

I was wondering if anybody new if the bridge between Big Jackson and East Jackson has been fixed? last season we went out and it was washed out. I know I have lots of time before next season but were just starting to plan for next year.

Any help would be awsome

DonKiddic

Reaction score
I think you're referring to the trail past the first campsite on the way in, And it was still closed this entire summer, Talked to the wardens and they said that they would likely need some volunteers to help with getting the trail open again. didn't sound like they really had any immediate plans for re-opening it. It has been closed for two years now.

Brant

Reaction score
thanks guys looks like we might be staying at the first camp sites again

springer

Reaction score
can't you just follow the shore line for that small stretch. i wonder if the ft-mac atv club will be doing anything about it. sure would be nice to have access to upper jackson along with access to whale lake.

springer

Reaction score
Will there be any country left for quadding and fishing in the richardson back country. should I cancel my yearly trip. Thank you for any up date.

pocho1636

Reaction score
I would probably cancel your trip for this year dont look like anyone will be getting up there anytime soon!

springer

Reaction score
thank you for the up date. the fire must be huge, we do not hear much about the fire here in central alberta. hate to cancel this mid july release lake trip as it is our 23 consecutive year for our outing.

springer

Reaction score
can you quad to the richardson back country to check out the status on the camp sites including laroque lake and six lakes area

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you quad to the richardson back country to check out the status on the camp sites including laroque lake and six lakes area

I guess you could contact Alberta SRD or Alberta Forestry to see if the area is OPEN or CLOSED. Or even if there is anything left from the FIRES.:closed_2:

Bruce. :ranger:

Top Bottom