Rhino vs RZR

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of Selling both Quads and getting either the Rhino or Rzr. What are your views on these units?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Rhino and love it. I have had no issues with it. The razor is a faster machine but I think that the Rhino has more torque.(I might be wrong but that is what I have herd.) Some people love the Rhino's and some poeple hate them. I have herd that about the Razor as well. Depends on what you want it for. I would by from a dealer that is close to you and that will give you great service. I haven't herd to many good things about the Polairis dealers around Edmonton as far as warranty issues. Anyways that is my imput on your question. Hope I helped.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a RZR and love it. Pro's and Con's for both and which ever one you choose you wouldn't go wrong. Bigger bed on the Rhino slower than RZR. They both get stuck in the same holes, trying to find a picture i have of just that. have been on a couple of rides with the Rhino and see nothing wrong with them, but I will not be selling mine to buy one

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Rhino has more storage space in the box, and seem to have more ground clearance than the Razr (IMO) There seems to be more aftermarket things out for a Rhino, but that razr is one crazy machine bone stock!!!!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
It all boils down to utility or sport riding. The rhino is more of a utility machine where the rzr is more for sport riding. I am going to get the rzr when I can afford it. I drive pretty hard and I think the rzr might hold up better to the abuse. I don't think the Polaris will haul as much of a payload as the rhino but pulling cap. is close I think.

Mac

Reaction score
I just picked up my RZR a few weeks ago, here is a pic.
I love it !! I picked mine up in the states and brought it up. saved $4000

big issue is avail., but I love it, and ordered a long time ago (nov. 2007)

Enjoy whatever you ride and have fun.

Attachments

• CIMG0230 (Large).jpg
    CIMG0230 (Large).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 213
  • CIMG0235 (Large).jpg
    CIMG0235 (Large).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 207

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one sharp looking Rzr, I'm still not sure though. My girlfriend and I go quading by ourselves and its nice to have 2 incase one breaks down. Its also nice to have a mobile winch point when trees are scarce. My buddy is looking at a Rzr and the local dealer can't get one till June. Thanks for all the input guys!

GRD

Reaction score
I am consider purchasing a RZR or a Rhino. Would love to get some feedback from guys that own one or the other (not looking to here what brand is better - just pros and cons). Using it for a toy, not looking for a work horse. Planning to ride some trails and tour around the back country.

Here is what I found for specs:

2008 RANGER RZR
Engine: 760cc, liquid cooled, 4-stroke, twin
Transmission: Automatic (Polaris Variable Transmission)
Gear Range: In-line, Dual-range forward, neutral, reverse and park
Drive: Switch-engaged on-demand true 4-wheel shaft drive
Front Suspension: Double A-Arm with Anti-Sway Bar & 9.0 inches of travel
Rear Suspension: Adjustable, Rolled independent Rear Suspension with Anti-Sway Bar & 9.5 inches of travel
Front Tires: 25 x 8 - 12 Maxxis
Rear Tires: 25 x 10 - 12 Maxxis
Wheelbase: 77 inches
Turning radius: 101.5 inches
Dry Weight: 945 lbs
Length/Width/Height: 102/50/69
Brakes Front: Hydraulic Disk - Dual Piston Calipers
Brakes Rear: Single Piston Calipers
Towing Capacity: 1500 lbs
Bed (Payload) Capacity: 300 lbs
MRSP: $13,999

2008 RHINO 700 FI
Engine: 686cc, liquid cooled, SOHC 4-valve, 4-stroke, single
Transmission: Ultramatic (sealed variable v-belt), w/full-time 4-wheel engine braking
Gear Range: w/L-H-N-R
Drive: On-command 2WD / 4WD / 4WD diff lock/shaft drives
Front Suspension: Independent Double Wishbone, 7.3" (185mm) of wheel travel, 5-way preload adjustment
Rear Suspension: Independent Double Wishbone, 7.3" (185mm) of wheel travel, 5-way preload adjustment
Front Tires: AT25 x 8-12, Steel Wheels
Rear Tires: AT25 x 10-12, Steel Wheels
Wheelbase: 75.2 inches
Turning radius: 153.5 inches
Dry Weight: 1212 lbs
Length/Width/Height: 113.6/54.5/73
Brakes Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
Brakes Rear: Dual Hydraulic Disc / Shaft mounted Parking Brake
Towing Capacity: 1212 lbs
Bed (Payload) Capacity: 400 lbs
MSRP: $13,999

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much did you end up paying in the states ?? I am thinking about getting a rhino and wondering if it would be worth while going on a road trip

GRD

Reaction score
You Guys Not Considering The New Kawi???

From what I have read in reports and reviews the Rhino and RZR are 1 and 2 respectively. And I also like the looks of RZR and Rhino.

Mac

Reaction score
I Paid $10,500 out the door for the RZR
I love the RZR

I looked at the Rhino, prowler etc... and no one in the ststes would sell to me up here in Canada. I finally found a dealer who would sell me the RZR

I'm glad I did get it over the Rhino. It's lower center of Gravity, it speed, handling and torque over the Rhino make it a superiror machine....

I did not want a "working " machine, but more bang for the buck in a sport machine.... where the RZR shines the most....

Take care, save your money, and buy a RZR (LOL little biased, but read the reviews...)

Mac

gusto

Reaction score
I Paid $10,500 out the door for the RZR
I love the RZR

I looked at the Rhino, prowler etc... and no one in the ststes would sell to me up here in Canada. I finally found a dealer who would sell me the RZR

I'm glad I did get it over the Rhino. It's lower center of Gravity, it speed, handling and torque over the Rhino make it a superiror machine....

I did not want a "working " machine, but more bang for the buck in a sport machine.... where the RZR shines the most....

Take care, save your money, and buy a RZR (LOL little biased, but read the reviews...)

Mac
Hey Mac can you fill me in with the details of your purchase. Did You drive to get it ? What dealer ect. I would appreciate any info . Thanks Gusto

Mac

Reaction score
I bought it down in Montana, yep... drove down to get it.
No customs issues whatsoever because it has a steering wheel vs handlebars... so no RIV (Record of imported vehicles)
dealer up here wanted way too much money.... Only had to pay GST cause it is USA made ... So no Duty....

No Hassles to register... same as any other vehicle purchased up here... Only thing is NO waranty up here./ Dealer advise if something is not right, I could take it back tot hem, or send parts and they would send new ones...

I can get alot of warranty for $4000 LOL - so far no issues....

hope this helps, if you want more specific info... PM me
rmk7002000@hotmail.com

Mac

fmx

Reaction score
you should really test a Kawasaki teryx. I have 4000knms on mine and love it. I ride with razor's and rino's each weekend and they are great machines aswell. In a drag race the kawasaki and rzr are faster than a rino and the rzr is slightly faster than the teryx. The 09 teryx is now fuel injected so I am sure it is a bit faster than in 08. I personally like lke the teryx , then the rino....I am just not sure I could be seen driving a poooolaris.....(joking) they are all great machines!!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all boils down to utility or sport riding. The rhino is more of a utility machine where the rzr is more for sport riding. I am going to get the rzr when I can afford it. I drive pretty hard and I think the rzr might hold up better to the abuse. I don't think the Polaris will haul as much of a payload as the rhino but pulling cap. is close I think.

Ditto. Could not agree more.:)

yamadoo

Reaction score
only problem i have seen with the rzrs is ground clearance.Robb rally back in the spring they were cooking belts because of the ruts.Got about 1500k on a rhino and not 1 issue,cept for a flat tire:d:

Top Bottom