Rhino on a stick

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out Sunday cleaning trails behind my place when I picked this up:eek: Pictures not so good from cell phone. Sure glad I was just rolling to a stop. Didnt really break anything, log came through where the plastic joins together under the dash.Had to cut it apart with a chainsaw to get it out.

1101091531a.jpg

1101091530b.jpg

1101091530a.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures.
My wife is always worried about that happening.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow you got lucky. The stick on mine from the weekend came right throught the floor board and left a hole the size of a baseball

Cameo

Reaction score
that looks a little familiar...I was crossing a creek near Ruby Lake about 12 years ago in my lifted Blazer, going around a blind corner, and came to an abrupt hault. a log from a beaver dam poked through my grill, missing my winch mount/ grill guard and $120 D/C headlight, under my battery, over the inner fender. it ripped through my heater, and put a huge dent in the floor board/firewall on the passenger side. When I backed out, the whole log came with. had to cut it off with the axe, took a long time to get the rest out.At least my fire wall was steel, or the girlfriend would have had an exciting morning

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i seen that on quite a few quads..some really close calls but this is a first for a sxs..makes ya want to try to put something in there for protection..a person could become impaled driving or even a passenger...i bet that got yer attention really quick..glad yer o.k....see ya on the trails!

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
Nice one! Had a similar thing happen this past summer to me and the wifey going through a tight trail. Unfortunately the stick passed through the opening on the pass side seat grab handle and went into the wifes leg about 4-6 inches. Lucky I was only crawling through the bush, she screamed! I stopped and had to back up while the stick slid out of her leg and jeans! Was nasty!! Good thing is, I'm still living, and she was o.k. too! Still has a brutal scar on her thigh, tho kinda hot, not recomended. Lesson for all of us UTV people, keep your eyes out for those nasty trail twigs!! :ranger:

Puffer99

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen too! Branch came through the dash just below the glove box and accross the Rhino and got me in the ribs. Picked me right out of my seat. Good thing it wasn't sharp!

Attachments

• Swan Lake may 09 005.jpg
    Swan Lake may 09 005.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Swan Lake may 09 006.jpg
    Swan Lake may 09 006.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is good reminder for this winter, flooboard guards are needed on my rhino, a friend had one a bad one come through this summer, pinned his gas and break to the floor.

oldernotwiser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting floor guards is a good idea. This happened to my friend this summer. Good thing his wife stayed home and he brought the chainsaw.

Attachments

• q 154.jpg
    q 154.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 38
  • q 155.jpg
    q 155.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
  • q 156.jpg
    q 156.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow those are some gooders, i think that my rhino is the only one that i ride with that has a complete floor intact, very common,i wish that someone at yamaha could see a thread like this with these picks and maybe update or fix this on the newer models they come out with.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some nasty pics.I run full skids plus fenderwell protectors but they still would not stop some of those.I had a large tree go thru the back and get wedged between the rear shock and the CV.It was stuck so good that the only way I got it out was to get the front wheels on it and drive it out in reverse

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pictures give me wood haha.

Glad no one got hurt.

How are you guys not seeing these logs? When I drive I scan the ground constantly at least 10-15ft in front of me up and down examining the terrain when I drive, no matter what speed. I started doing this back in the early 80's when I rode BMX bikes, then atv's.

I guess its one reason my wife hates driving while I ride shotgun cause I will tell her to watch out for obstacles that we haven't even gotten to yet, and she slams on the brakes saying "where, what rock, what branch wtf are you talking about?" :rant:

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is easy to happen, with the ground clearence these things have you can easily just run over those logs sometime you sink in the soft stuff and stuff catches the floor boards or the most famous one is someone gets stuck in a mudhole and jams everything they can under their tires to get out and leaves then you come along putting through and you get scewered.Pretty hard to see those in 2 feet of water and mud.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now im not trying to point out the obvious, but it seems to be all yamaha's in the pictures. I think this says something. Jk that is crazy how many people this has happened to.

Top Bottom