Rhino killer

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started teryx build last week pistons,cams,valve springs,muzzys twin pipes,rear cage,seats,30" mud lits,wheels,bumper,4000 lb warn,going all black and also side doors. It will be close to 100 hp at motor and will be fun fun fun.
I will try to post pics along the way.

Chris

whopper809

Reaction score
What BBK motor are you going to (800, 840 ?) Who's kit are you going to use?

This the kinda power your going for? :headbanger::headbanger:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2gJeTKaZVo&feature=related[/media]

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shooting for the top eh? Trying to kill something that only makes 20ish HP to the wheels?
Are the Kawi's under cooled like the Rhino's? My Rhino almost overheats driving by a campfire.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not shooting for the top just so many out there. when Im done i dont think a rzr will even be close. I have no over heating problems yet. If you do pull your rad soak it in a rubber maid container for a day or 2 and then spray out with a garden hose.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rhino's are known for cooling problems, but at least there's a ton of aftermarket rads and shrouds available. I usually pull my rad out after every good mud fest and clean it, it's hard to get it good and clean in place.

Does the Teryx have a wet clutch driving the primary sheave like the Rhino?
Dan at Extreme Machines did up Cat twin in DaveB's quad a few years ago, that thing was a beast. Amazing how much more power can be massaged out of a twin versus the big single like a Rhino. Might want to add Gorrila axles to your shopping list.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rhinos are the kings ,all the other crap is imposters, there always has to be someone following behind. what the teryx has been out for like 1 yr. lol

whopper809

Reaction score
rhinos are the kings ,all the other crap is imposters, there always has to be someone following behind. what the teryx has been out for like 1 yr. lol

Ya the Rhinos where first on the market , but even with mods they can't even come close to keeping up with a modded Teryx. Some would say the wait was worth it, I know the Kawie V-twin part of it sure was. :wtg:

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
well i was at chriscos house this weekend and we went for a rip in the teryx without the high comp pistons and cams!! it hauls aZZ, enough to lay rubber on the pavement!!!:d here are some pics i took and ill try uploading the vid also..

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

straypssy

straypssy

DSC00136.jpg

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the Rhinos where first on the market , but even with mods they can't even come close to keeping up with a modded Teryx. Some would say the wait was worth it, I know the Kawie V-twin part of it sure was. :wtg:

totally agree i have a 750 brute with muzzys and a chip and thats fun.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i think i might try the LA Choppers brand once i got the coin for it. Id get the muzzy but i didnt like it on my brute so im gonna try a different type this go around. Im just waiting for a cheaper EFI chip to come out. Only one so far is 2G i dont think its worth it yet since i just bought the machine..

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muzzy seems to make the best power so far. check out humter works he has tried them all. Exl fit I never thought you would feel a pipe on a 4 stroke but
man it realy made a diff that you could feel.

Top Bottom