Reverse won't work 2013 SBA

phatboy07

Reaction score
I just finished doing a fix kit on my 2013 SBA. MTNTK kit with the new Vforce 3R reeds. Sled started up fine but idled poorly after a few min (seems to be common with the new 3r reeds until they break in). Sled warmed up ok no weird issues other than the idle and reverse will not work. I press the button and nothing happens, the sled just keeps idling , it doesn't do anything. I followed the wiring back and it is plugged in (under front cover by the handle bars). Is there a plug I could have missed elsewhere? TPS? Sled runs great put 100 miles yesterday on it. Idle still off and no reverse (button does nothing)

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did the petals of the reeds look when you put them in? My brother installed the new Vforce in his sled last fall and ran for 2 mins before the idle dropped ,wouldn't go into reverse ect. After a couple week of trouble shoot, electrical, fuel issues,ect. We decided to pull the reeds and discovered two cracked petals. Not saying this is your problem but if you end up scratching your head I'd take the time and check. This was a common problem on the Pro 800's

phatboy07

Reaction score
Reeds were good. Brand new. Don't think I cracked them putting them in. Sled will idle up around 2400 or so when warming up. Once warm it drops to about 16-1700 for a little bit but will go down lower where the gauge cluster won't light up. Sled runs strong and had great throttle response. I adjusted the throttle cable slack last night and no change. Reverse button just does nothing, sled continues to idle away.

wilbur154

Reaction score
I have a 2011 SBA which I just installed the fix kit, took it out today and now it won't go in to reverse. I also checked the wiring and same thing no reverse.

wilbur154

Reaction score
well I found the problem why my sled would not go into reverse. the TPS was out of adjustment. works fine now!

Top Bottom