revamping website and corporate sponsors

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a director for the Revelstoke snowmobile club and the grooming society, I've taken on the task of promotions and marketing within. So I'm looking at feedback as to what sledders would like to see on a club website and what importance is the corporate sponsors in your decisions in your spending habits. And this info would also be helpful, I think for other clubs. So fire away and don't be shy, as the new season is only 7 months away with 2 more months of riding still left.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think having your corporate sponsors on your website is very important, it shows the general public who supports the area.

Up to date grooming reports would be fantastic, links to the Avalanche Bulletins, as well as SPAWS if issued need to be posted on your page.

for the public to be able to submit photo's of their own to you would be a cool feature as well, would allow for up to date conditions, and of course a photo gallery showcasing your areas!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've dreamed of a video that takes us on a tour of the entire area. Well, the popular and on-the-path area at least. That way we could watch it at home to become somewhat familiar with the area, then when we get there we have an idea of where we are going. Maybe just a dream. But wouldn't be super hard to put together. Just need a guy that knows his way around to strap on a helmet cam, ride through the entire area. Then in post-processing just put in subtitles with area names and post it on youtube.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've dreamed of a video that takes us on a tour of the entire area. Well, the popular and on-the-path area at least. That way we could watch it at home to become somewhat familiar with the area, then when we get there we have an idea of where we are going. Maybe just a dream. But wouldn't be super hard to put together. Just need a guy that knows his way around to strap on a helmet cam, ride through the entire area. Then in post-processing just put in subtitles with area names and post it on youtube.

you are correct, not overly difficult, but time consuming! would be cool for sure!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Sounds like you are the man to doo this. If I were Dusty, I'd say, "thanks for volunteering".....:yo:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL if you want a video of the cabin to Alberta hill I can get you that sometime next year when I get back to Boulder.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Kinda thought of that one couple years ago. Did one from boulder parking lot to the cabin with a go-pro, showing intersections and time factor, was a cool clip cause I'd let sleds pass, then catch up and pass safely. Then of course with new technology and no reading glasses, I accidently hit the wrong menu button and erased it all. Not a happy camper. So i guess it's something to look at doing again. great suggestion.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PMed!

Also i think photography and Media are very important to any sledding website. But organization and keeping interest are very key. Too much of the same thing and people get bored. Having galleries is one thing but i think having entire sections show casing the different riding areas would be very beneficial.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PMed!

Also i think photography and Media are very important to any sledding website. But organization and keeping interest are very key. Too much of the same thing and people get bored. Having galleries is one thing but i think having entire sections show casing the different riding areas would be very beneficial.

i hear you there. Was going to spend sometime searching out other club websites, so that a good one could be built (if anyone knows a good webbuilder let me know). I'd like a photo section, riding areas with photos, webcams, plus expand into a few more events, bring back ladies ride, father/son ride, dinner/dance/fundraiser, 121 rides for short trackers, moonlight rides, expand on the vintage ride.
just throwing it out there.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i hear you there. Was going to spend sometime searching out other club websites, so that a good one could be built (if anyone knows a good webbuilder let me know). I'd like a photo section, riding areas with photos, webcams, plus expand into a few more events, bring back ladies ride, father/son ride, dinner/dance/fundraiser, 121 rides for short trackers, moonlight rides, expand on the vintage ride.
just throwing it out there.

where are you planning to put the webcams up at Dusty? that's where you'll experience difficulties.....

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not on top of the mountain, but at the mountain. Beats looking at the bridge in town with highway cam or the ski hill which is good but different part of the valley

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need good visual trail maps. I took a look on your website and didn't see any links to good maps of the area. I make maps for a living so I like to see good maps of areas that people can actually use to navigate with, say in bad weather.

I made this one (link below) for the Cranbrook Snowmobile Club free of charge last year and it has been well received. They sell them at all the local stores and sell advertising on the other side for a little extra cash for the club.

Last edited:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need good visual trail maps. I took a look on your website and didn't see any links to good maps of the area. I make maps for a living so I like to see good maps of areas that people can actually use to navigate with, say in bad weather.

I made this one (link below) for the Cranbrook Snowmobile Club free of charge last year and it has been well received. They sell them at all the local stores and sell advertising on the other side for a little extra cash for the club.

Awesome map, and I'll definitely keep in touch with a map guy. Also i noticed Cooper which brought back some good sledding memories and cutties in the summer!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not on top of the mountain, but at the mountain. Beats looking at the bridge in town with highway cam or the ski hill which is good but different part of the valley

Agreed. Something similar to the powder Gnome across the valley would be great.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome map, and I'll definitely keep in touch with a map guy. Also i noticed Cooper which brought back some good sledding memories and cutties in the summer!

Shhhhhhhhhhhh......we're not supposed to show that on our maps. Part of our Caribou agreement. :nono:

Yup, Brad did a great job on that map! Something we've needed for a long time.

Top Bottom