REV Venting

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to do some venting on my 2004 REV Summit Adrenaline 800HO. I know there's been some discussion on this before and sorry to dig up an old topic, but what are some of you running for venting? Does improper venting lead to increased snow intake when riding powder or can it do any damage? I've heard of guys making their own vents out of screen or various types of mesh but not too sure how that would look. Also any of you have any experience with this product for increased air intake?

Thanks in advance.:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not on mine unless ur trying to be a seadoo...... then it gets wet.... [ going down a river with some water on top for 1000 feet... belt get wet then ]

i have mod rods 5 piece vent kit and have had no snow at all..... also get the brp kit that covers the nose by the bumper and hood screens.... no snow in the nose is a good thing.....

also i would get the mod rods monster boards while were at it .... best thing to do to a 04 cause the foot wells have 0 snow drainage.....

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tex. Good advice on the monster boards too. My footwells are constantly packed full.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the JC vents for about 4 years. I really like them and I think they look good too IMO. My clutches do seem to run cooler and I have had no problem with snow getting on the clutches, although one area I ride in requires a pretty deep aggressive river crossing and I my belt has got wet doing that.

Been riding hard for four years and they are holding up really well. I have been through all sorts of nasty willows and that sort of thing and no problems. I would highly recommend getting some.
Cutting your panels to install them is a little scary I must admit. n692631758_1554389_5768.jpg n692631758_1554390_6002.jpg n692631758_1554391_6225.jpg n692631758_1554392_6454.jpg

Installing them gives the equivalent amount of power as 3 large FOX RACING decals as well.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the SLP screening on the inside of my vents and that keeps the snow from getting inside the side panels. Ever since I added them I have had practically zero snow get inside my engine compartment when ebfore it would get packed inside.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
R&m lightning productsmakes some really good vents and you can get them in colors also. There 5 peice kit includes a good vent for the hood also.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
s4.jpg

I think these are a picture of the R&M vents Glengine was talking about on my RT. Bought the sled with them on so Im not exactly sure where there from, Glen would know. There very good quality and seem to be holding up well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
X2 for jc's custom vents. The great advantage of his vents is that the whole vent is not cut out so there is lots of support for the side panel and the vent material. If you look closely at the picture above there is a honeycomb design (various designs are available ie flames, skulls, etc.). He includes fine, medium, or regular mesh in various colors, colored rivets, and a cutting pattern.

I saw some vents from a shop in Edmonton and they were always "caved in" from the power turns. JC's vents stay looking great.

I have had 3 sets (2008, 2010, and 2012) of his and IMHO they are the best out there. Look at his website and see what's available. Discount to DooTalk & S&M peeps.

Here's some contacts:

Phone: 208-221-9282

Email: dooidaho@yahoo.com
Email: dooidaho@gmail.com

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The R&M vents will be available thru our shop here this winter. The nice thing that i like about R&m vents is that you ARE able to cut-out the section behind the vent so that you get the best air flow possible, but because they make there vent frames out of aluminum you dont lose any of the strength or structural integrity of the panel itself. I run them on my '08 M1000 and they have been on for 3 seasons and havn't torn one yet and yet i have had balsam bark stuck in the screen. And because the aluminum frame when i ran into a large tree sideways and scraped bark into the screen it was easy to straighten the frame out(it only got a small bow to it), i havn't tore a screen yet. And if a person does happen to tear a screen there are replacement screens available where you use your existing frame and the just put a new screen on it.

Bigredd

Reaction score
I've run to ones from Extreme for a couple of years now and they've seen a lot of abuse, they are a bit smaller than some of the others but you won't find a tougher one IMO. I wouldn't think twice about getting them again.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine all the different companies are pretty good as the REV's have been around forever. I think it is an important mod for a REV (regardless of vent manufactuer) to get the heat out of those clutches as much as you can IMO.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine all the different companies are pretty good as the REV's have been around forever. I think it is an important mod for a REV (regardless of vent manufactuer) to get the heat out of those clutches as much as you can IMO.

totlally agre last year at the end of the year was my first time on a rev of my own, a couple times we were ricding and yopu open the panels when yopu stop and can see heat waves coming out of there. yikes.
pickin up a set from menz toyz at the show see how they doo this season.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips guys.
I ordered a 5 vent set of the XXXModRods. Reviews look good and the price was right.($100.00):beer:

Top Bottom