rev rsi bars and risor,no heat?,lightbulb lol!

JR Ross

Reaction score
have 04 rev summit x 800ho, installed rsi risor and rsi bars,installed hand symtec hand warmers, tapped into stk wiring for these aftermarket hand warmers now i have no heat from these aftermarket warmers.i know i should have put reflective tape on these rsi bars, they are aluminium bars with carbon fiber wrap but these aftermarket warmers should have some heat, i have nothing now, my stl warmers worked at least.looking for information to see if wired wrong,or these symtec warmers are just junk and need to replace.the new rev has aluminium bars and do warmers i guess work on these bars, might have to go to do and get stk warmers, but dont think they will fit rsi bars with 45 deg ends and now have great feeling rubber bar grips that go over 45 deg ends and bars, look cool,if any one has a suggestion would be appreciated.lightbulb!,lol.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the bars have some sort of wrap over them then the heaters won't work. The bare metal acts as a heat sink for the hot grips which is what makes them get hot. Did you use the motorcycle hot grips?

JR Ross

Reaction score
If the bars have some sort of wrap over them then the heaters won't work. The bare metal acts as a heat sink for the hot grips which is what makes them get hot. Did you use the motorcycle hot grips?

did you miss read my story, they are aluiminuim handle bars that are carbon fiber gel coated.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, if you don't want any help with it then that's cool. Good luck, hope you get it fixed.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have 04 rev summit x 800ho, installed rsi risor and rsi bars,installed hand symtec hand warmers, tapped into stk wiring for these aftermarket hand warmers now i have no heat from these aftermarket warmers.i know i should have put reflective tape on these rsi bars, they are aluminium bars with carbon fiber wrap but these aftermarket warmers should have some heat, i have nothing now, my stl warmers worked at least.looking for information to see if wired wrong,or these symtec warmers are just junk and need to replace.the new rev has aluminium bars and do warmers i guess work on these bars, might have to go to do and get stk warmers, but dont think they will fit rsi bars with 45 deg ends and now have great feeling rubber bar grips that go over 45 deg ends and bars, look cool,if any one has a suggestion would be appreciated.lightbulb!,lol.

end quote. I don't have any help here, just posting what AK had read

Braaap.

Reaction score
go to your doo dealer
ask for the isolant and heaters for an xp
2 isolant 2 heaters
and get the xp grips while your there will work just fine

Top Bottom