rev elecrical issues

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was moving my sled (06 summit 800HO) the other day none of the lights came on, then they did for about 5 seconds and then the lights quit working and the cluster stopped as well. the tach is stuck at 2 grand and nothing will turn on now. the sled runs fine still, just no electrical power. anyone know whats up? is this a fuse thing? or is it something more serious like the ecm? any help would be great. thanks :beer:

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I would suspect corrosion in the plugs under the hood. Separating them and cleaning would be a good place to start. I love all that stuff, as long as it works.:beer:

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More than likely your relay is done, it is a common problem. I think they are on the clutch side up high on the a frame when you open the side panel. Just switch their positions just for testing purposes. I can't remember what quits working when you switch the 2, but your lights will work if it is the problem

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ur stator should be the last place cuz you gotta take off the recoil and on the end of ur crank on the non pot side(the right side and it's a banna shaped magnet there should be two one for the lighting and the other should be for the plugs and there only 20 some bucks but check the others first cuz it can be a job

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i Carry a spare as I ride with 4-5 revs. Mine is an 06 X with electric start,

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 89

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More than likely your relay is done, it is a common problem. I think they are on the clutch side up high on the a frame when you open the side panel. Just switch their positions just for testing purposes. I can't remember what quits working when you switch the 2, but your lights will work if it is the problem

i checked it out, not sure about any relays, i saw some fuses, is there 2 relays? or just one... :confused: (edit) thanks kiwionsnow- thats what i thought it was.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5-6 bucks at NAPA, Lordco, buy 2 and put one in your pack, I don't think it is your stator unless it is electric start, if stator is dead no sparky sparky to coil and plugs. If it is elec start it will run off the batt for a while. The most common is the relay. KISS?. cheers.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my spare. I have an 06 and only one relay. I think 05's have 2 relays. I can't be sure as we have 05, 06 in our group and a mix of electric start and pull your ass. I have seen 2 relays before but can't peg which machine.

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 84

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i'll get myself a couple of those relays, thanks guys for the help, love this site! definitely helps out alot as i really only enough to be dangerous to my sleds health! lol:rolleyes: i'll let you know how it turns out. quick question tho, as i peeking around the harness i noticed another plug that looks the same as the one hooked up to the cluster. is it for another gauge? i ask because for some reason the little didgital speedo doesn't work. thanks again.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Also take apart the connections to the epcm and put di-electric grease in the connections -- check for corrosion first..... Also a very common problem.

Also take the connections off the speedo and check for corrosion and then put a little di-electric inside it as well.

Replace the gauge relay and your problem should be solved..... I ALSO CARRY AN EXTRA OR TWO, BUT ONLY BECAUSE MY RT1000 HAS 3 OF THEM, AND IT IS COMMON FOR THEM TO GO - I REPLACE MY 3 RELAYS IN THE 1000 EVERY SECOND YEAR, AS MAINTENANCE.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, get some grease as stated. I have done in an ECM second season due to mositure. All the snow over the hood sits and when you stop it melts runs down the hood and drips through the hood vent right on that main conector to the ECM. Corroded a couple of prongs right off. I made a bracket and relocated the ECM to the top of the injection oil tank where the DPM used to be.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, get some grease as stated. I have done in an ECM second season due to mositure. All the snow over the hood sits and when you stop it melts runs down the hood and drips through the hood vent right on that main conector to the ECM. Corroded a couple of prongs right off. I made a bracket and relocated the ECM to the top of the injection oil tank where the DPM used to be.

that's one of the best fixes a guy a can do for this sled - also orient the ECM with the plugs pointing down so they are shielded from the moisture as much as possible and any water that does get on them will drain out of the connectors this way.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's one of the best fixes a guy a can do for this sled - also orient the ECM with the plugs pointing down so they are shielded from the moisture as much as possible and any water that does get on them will drain out of the connectors this way.

i put my ecm on top of the oil tank just like the older 04 mpems were....

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem fixed! or at least the lighting issue. popped a new relay in and she works great. didn't get a chance to look at the aother connection tho. thanks guys!:beer:

Top Bottom