Rev bog....

Mantis

Reaction score
Tried everything that I know on the kids sled but nothing has worked so looking for some more input.
2005 800-starts and idles no problem-go to take off and bogs/cuts out...then kicks back in and revs right up to normal. Back off the throttle and go to take off and stalls out again. Started end of season last year and still doing it. Acts like a throttle position sensor- but never came on this sled(???)

Thought it was fuel carb issue-pulled carbs-spotless everything seems fine
Checked coil/staor-put new plugs and wires-all OK
Checked and cleaned Rave valves
Went over both clutches
went back to stock pipe( from Dynoport)-no difference- no loose y-pipe bolts
Checked all connections/wires-all OK
Good fresh fuel-94 octane
Cleaned DESS conection...twisted back and forth lots! no change

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

nielsy

Reaction score
there is 3 things that will make it do that it can be your dess key, dess post or mpem

Braaap.

Reaction score
Check your reed/intake boot very closely.
Remove them completely and check thouroughly.
They are a famous issue for strange runability issues

Mantis

Reaction score
Looked at them when I had the carbs off-thought they looked OK but will check again. Boots are just 2 seasons old-guess I will check them out better too! Sprayed around them when it was running and never noticed any increase in RPM so thought they were OK from that also. Will also put in another mpem to check that. Does anyone know if the dealers can read codes on these years? I noticed a female plug that looks like the ones in autos but someone told me that they didn't start being able to read codes till the 08 XP's. Thanks for the help so far.

nielsy

Reaction score
I have a seadoo xp 800 and i would start it then rev it up worked fine then when i let off the throttle and give it again it wouldn't rev up sounded like it was on the rev limiter changed mpem and it has run perfect ever since

Mantis

Reaction score
Pulled everything back apart checked reeds and boots-all OK. Changed mpem -put all back together....took it for a little rip( gotta love low elevation power!!!) and seems to be cured! Thanks for the help guys! Will take out next weekend and give it a better work out.
Cheers!

Top Bottom