respecting wildlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you all respect wildlife and so do we. but not so much coyotes as others. i dont carry guns on my sled or else id shoot them instead but farmers ask us to get rid of them whatever means possible and sometimes we get paid for it. so you dont have too chew us out. coyotes are pests in our eyes that cost my dad and grandpa and uncles all money. sorry if you dont see it that way but in our eyes moneys more important than a few coyotes. that doesnt mean we hate all animals.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The provincal government is trying to close more areas each year In an effort to protect wildlife and the enviroment... If more people had your piss poor attitude towards protection and preservation of our limited areas we use for our winter sport that we love so much, then we would all be riding in your fathers, brothers and uncles farm fields and back yards for lack of areas to ride in legally !!! Be respectful to wildlife and their enviroment !!
:canadaflag:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you all respect wildlife and so do we. but not so much coyotes as others. i dont carry guns on my sled or else id shoot them instead but farmers ask us to get rid of them whatever means possible and sometimes we get paid for it. so you dont have too chew us out. coyotes are pests in our eyes that cost my dad and grandpa and uncles all money. sorry if you dont see it that way but in our eyes moneys more important than a few coyotes. that doesnt mean we hate all animals.

I agree that coyotes are pests. The problem is when a sled is used to control them rather than a rifle, the urban dwellers and environmental/animal rights wackos see a video of this, or read a newspaper article by some inept journalist and try to use it against all sledders. They see it as cruel sledders being mean to the harmless wildlife. We have to remember that the government members that are trying to curtail our sport will use whatever means to do so, and public opinion, no matter how misinformed, carries a lot of weight. Personally I'd rather just shoot them (unwanted coyotes that is), it's a lot less cruel and quick. I just think there is too much negative publicity when sleds are involved.

Just my opinion.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Listen Skyboy ...there is a right way and a wrong way of doing things.
Running down a "pest" is completely wrong period!!
If we had the death penalty and you were convicted of such a crime would you like us to run you down, or shoot you?
Not all coyotees are criminals,leave them be unless they are threatening your homested in any way.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I'm glad you don't carry guns on your sled as you would then be doing two illegal things.

We need to chew you out because what you are doing is illegal. Hunting coyotes and shooting them is legal; killing them with a sled is not legal and it puts the sledding community as a whole in a bad position. I have no problem with the shooting of coyotes for the protection of one's livelyhood or the protection of one's family members but that is where it ends. Even a registered trapper cannot run down coyotes with a sled but he can legally shoot or trap them.

So I guess the long and the short of it is.....do it right, do it within the law and that means with registered guns, an FAC, and a license if you are 16.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure you got your oppinions an i got mine but im gunna keep this on track of RESPECTING WILDLIFE so my posts dont get removed because im falling off course. im not gunna yell and fight you either cause then well they would get deleted as well.. in my eyes getting un over is quicker than sitting for day with your leg in a snare until your too the point of chewing it off which has happened.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This thread is now closed. Skyboy, you voiced your opinion and your views on this will create alot of controversy. You cannot get mad at people for there views back on you. Killing anything that way is wrong in our society today. Thats seems to be the opinion of most as well. Look at it the other way, if you were the animal being hunted, a bullet or getting ran down till you die. That animal does not know it is doing anything wrong, thats its way of life its wild, and its a fight for survival in the wild.:d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom