Replacing S module

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so how easy is it to change a S module... is there anything i need besides the kit... my skis are out and shocks off center. I tweeked it on the weekend. It looks like a 4 hour job maybe? do you have to pull engine?
Thanks guys....
LOL should have pm'd Maxwell
Just kidding
Rich

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will take far longer than 4 hours. or im a terrible mechanic. one or the other.

either way ts not a hard job just takes time. your going to wonder how to get the large rivets off. put a large flat headed screw driver at the end. hit once to indent a groove. then give it a good hit and it will shear right off. replace all those with high grade bolts. also a good time to replace your a-arm bushings if your over 2000km.

engine does not need to come out. can even do the e module with the engine in but its a PITA. my guestimate is it will take you a full day on the weekend.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its actually fairly easy but very time consuming. My buddy bent his a couple years ago, we did it the same way as Maxwell described with shearing off rivots and bolting it back together. It was a couple good evenings with both us working to finish it up. Engine stayed in place but pretty much everything infront of it needs to go

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a air chisel and a drill, makes quick work of the rivets. Might want to pop Tthe belly pan off to speed it up. 3-4 hrs is a good amount of time. I used ss hardware and green loctite to assemble it back together.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im a mechanic by trade and put the rear suspension upgrade and s36 in in about 3 hours with no problems at all so looking at the front end crap it looks pretty easy. Good to know that the motor doesnt need to come out. And having all the tools with a hoist set up that i work at a standup position really helps as well. But I do like the stainless steel hardware bit

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a air chisel and a drill, makes quick work of the rivets. Might want to pop Tthe belly pan off to speed it up. 3-4 hrs is a good amount of time. I used ss hardware and green loctite to assemble it back together.

The air chisel is the fastest way for them big rivets! I just split the "nut" side of them and tap them out. Super fast!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• chisel.jpg
    chisel.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom