replacing qrs helix bushing

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I need to replace the bushing in a QRS dalton helix. Any tips or tricks from guys that have done it before to save a bit of time an agony. There isn't much of a lip on the backside to push it out. Is there locktite holding it in place?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove the snap ring and then with a hack saw blade or reciprocating saw with fine tooth blade, carefully cut the ID of the bushing till you can pry it up at the cut/score line and remove.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is one of those things i'd rather pay my dealer 1/2 hour labor for

or just buy a clutch kit that comes with a new helix ;)

finndoo

Reaction score
After taking out the clip I used a dremmel to grind a slot into the bushing, I was super careful and took it down so that I could just collapse the bushing and push it out with a screwdriver. Pushed in the new one with a socket and some light taps with a hammer. I did put in some green loctite although I don't think there was any on it before.I wanted to ride and a trip to the dealer was not a possibility to ride that weekend.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did it with the hacksaw method. Was super easy. I actually cut 2 slots, one in the existing slot and another 180 degrees from the first. Didnt have to cut all the way through. I now also have 2 small notches on the backside so next time I can just use a slot screwdriver and hammer to push it out. Took less time than it took to drive to the dealer. Bushing was $20.00 vs helix which is $125.00. Got the bushing from hitorque rollers. Assuming you used the dremel on the side opposite the circlip, that would probably be quicker yet. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom