Replacement m800 steering stem options

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Been hearing quite a bit that the stock m800 adjustable post is nothing but garbage. With that in mind i would like to look into replacing it before something happens on the mountain. So I'm wondering what everyone is swapping out to? I run my bars right near the top of the adjustable on that is on there now. just looking for options new or used. Thanks

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine all the way up all the time and it has done quit well
I did hit a tree with my throttle hand side and snapped it off near the bottom welded it up and its as good as new actually maybe better as there is a filler inside the pipe now. There is an aftermarket one out there and also cat makes a solid one that you can use but it needs risers and after you do all that it gets pricey

Dakine879

Reaction score
I have Been hearing quite a bit that the stock m800 adjustable post is nothing but garbage. With that in mind i would like to look into replacing it before something happens on the mountain. So I'm wondering what everyone is swapping out to? I run my bars right near the top of the adjustable on that is on there now. just looking for options new or used. Thanks

I think this is the standard go to replacement for the OEM post

ADJUSTABLE CHROME MOLY STEERING POST- M SERIES - Black Diamond Xtreme

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is this for an M-series or Proclimb?

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adjustable is only a problem if you let ice build up under boot. The bushings loosen up within 400 km. Just helped a friend replace the bushings with after market ones from Canada Sled Parts. Tightened everything up.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a delete kit believe it's $60 plus cost of a riser.
The zbros t-top adaptor. I have one lying around I'll let go cheap if the op wants it

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The adjustable is only a problem if you let ice build up under boot. The bushings loosen up within 400 km. Just helped a friend replace the bushings with after market ones from Canada Sled Parts. Tightened everything up.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
How hard is it to change the bushings and do you happen to know the part # for them? TIA for any info you can provide.
Derek

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wildchild

Reaction score

what year is the sled? The older 2005-11 M 's had lot of steering post failures. The 2012-16 have bushing problems but not much for steering post failures. All years of the m8 with adjustable posts had the sloppy adjusters.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what year is the sled? The older 2005-11 M 's had lot of steering post failures. The 2012-16 have bushing problems but not much for steering post failures. All years of the m8 with adjustable posts had the sloppy adjusters.
Mine is a 13. And it's not so much the adjustment that's gets messed up. It that they bend if you roll it. So I'm thinking might aswell spend 100 for it all now so I'm not angry trying to bend it back to get out of the bush.

Top Bottom