renshaw ride mcbride dec 27

The Catman Trucker

Reaction score
Thanks to ron and eugene for a great day of sledding.I ride a 900 cat 2003.which seems to work ok for me.I have my own company called certified trucking and transport ltd.So getting time for riding is hard to come by and this year i find out i have to go for a hip relacement i just hope that this doesn't mean the end of riding but i have had 2 years of pain now.I just want to wish all members and management of snow and mud a great 2008 and a again thanks for a great ride on dec 27/07 awesome snow and great people.

Over & out
The Catman Trucker:)

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome Catman Trucker. Let me be the first to tell you that if you let it it`ll slow you down but if you keep exercising the muscles around the joint and keep them in shape you`ll be fine. I had a hip replacement two winters ago. I didn`t ride the first year but I have been this year. I bought an Xp and it works great for me. The seating and riding position keeps me comforable on the sled. I don`t jump or ride so that I may get a jolt to the hip but I climb and boondock with the rest of them. When I went to physio there were others that took alot longer to get out then what it took me. I believe its because I`m out there using my hip and not sitting on a couch or a desk. Who knows I may pay for all this in the future but for now I haven`t let it slow me down to much. like I said I try not to get an impact to the joint but everything else is ok by me. I ride a street bike(sport and cruiser), I quad, sled, and ride a mountain bike. My doctor doesn`t approve of everything I do, but what does he know,lol. What doctor are you going to? and are you on the waiting list yet?

The Catman Trucker

Reaction score
to 4 xtreme thanks for information on the hip.I am going to doctor in leduc and he is referring me to a orthapedic surgeon i don't know yet who this is.I'm not crazy about getting this done but i have had 2 years of pain now.And it isn't easy doing anything.I was also told i have osterperosis in my spine and lower back some great news to here and told that the next 10 years will just become unbearable.But i am determined that i'm going to keep going on.I love trucking and sleedding and quading.Hope you and your family have a great 2008. Thanks again the catman trucker:):)

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D Hey cat man trucker,welcome....
surgery is like buying a sled....gotta do your home work first...
after it's done, your kinda stuck with it or forover fixing..
I had DR.Ballik, he's out of the Greynouns Hospital...
He was able to fix some of my joints..:)
Heard some people are fine and some get worse,,,good luck

Top Bottom