Renshaw grooming ....

East cat

Reaction score
Very disapointed this week end , after being told the trails has been groomed the night before , didnt seem like at ALLLL!!!
rough, bumpy , unpleasant experience ,.... no groom no charge , I would'nt mind pay 50 $or more for a daily pass to enjoy a freshly groomed trail or just telling the truth at the paytoll station

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very disapointed this week end , after being told the trails has been groomed the night before , didnt seem like at ALLLL!!!
rough, bumpy , unpleasant experience ,.... no groom no charge , I would'nt mind pay 50 $or more for a daily pass to enjoy a freshly groomed trail or just telling the truth at the paytoll station

Do you know what 200 sleds does to a pile of slush? Stop whining. It was probly done but when the temps are that warm like the last few days the trail doesn't setup and doesn't last. We are fortunate the grooming in te valley continues late into the spring. If they called it quits your unpleasant experience would have been a cakewalk!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

What time did you ride up? Early bird gets the nice groomed worm.... Get there after the first 50 enjoy the alpine and stop
Complaining. I heard the conditions up top were epic this weekend. Stop complaining and enjoy the fact you are provided a trail up

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was groomed Thursday night for sure! Talked with guys that ran into him on the way down. Yes the trail was brutal ( I rode it on Friday), but that's the cost of late season ridding. Don't like it, go elsewhere. They need something like 100 sleds to go up to make it worth it for them to groom. Don't think that anyone else is willing to do it for a $$ loss so why would he? Thanks to HotRod for all the hard work!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was groomed Thursday night for sure! Talked with guys that ran into him on the way down. Yes the trail was brutal ( I rode it on Friday), but that's the cost of late season ridding. Don't like it, go elsewhere. They need something like 100 sleds to go up to make it worth it for them to groom. Don't think that anyone else is willing to do it for a $$ loss so why would he? Thanks to HotRod for all the hard work!
I understand the reason for bad trails but u keep saying go somewhere else they may start and who loses not u but the businesses in town will.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been there a ton of times but I have only seen the trail to renshaw in decent shape once. And that was the last time we were there in Feb.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the rough trail or the length. It keeps the traffic down up top. Alot of people say they won't go there because of it......GOOD! More snow for the rest of us. I've never been to the top of Renshaw and said "this wasn't worth putting up with that trail"
Mind you, I've never been on it on a friday or even early on a saturday. Don't care either. I go there for big snow and mountains, not for a nice trail ride.

I hear the Trans-Canada Trail is nice this time of year................

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are completely right East cat the trail was brutal! Thursday there was no charge for grooming because it wasn't done the night before. But you have to groom the trail at some point for the weekend riders and he did it Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and then Monday night. I was up there all week and nightime temps barely got below -1 or -2 plus a combination of snow, rain, sleet up to 4500ft or more from Tuesday till Saturday is not a recipe for good trails. Hotrod has been battling mild conditions for most of the season which has been very unfortunate because this conversation has been brought up numerous times this year. It's not what he wants to hear, but you try your best. And when the elements aren't with you, you're working that much harder! No one wants you to go elsewhere! Some of the guys here shoot from the hip and get a little vocal when grooming is brought up and thats fine they're entitled to there opinion! I hope you are able to ride that trail in the condition i know it can be to handle 150-200 riders up and back and be smooth on the way up and back instead of whooped!

Last edited:

Bowen

Reaction score
I cant believe the whining about trails that goes on here. Ten to fifteen years ago there was NO groomer and NO groomed trail all season. Imagine the 3-4 foot moguls from the parking lot to the alpine all season long. We still rode irregardless, rough or not cause we knew once in the Alpine it was all good. Maybe they should quit grooming all together and really give the whiners a reason to complain. I speak for the "original mountain riders" who first broke trail into these places and have enjoyed the area for over twenty five years. A huge thanks to the groomer operators/owners who continually try to make the trail as best as mother nature allows. For those of you that can't handle the trail, stay home or maybe head to Ontario and Quebec... probably be more your style anyway...

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hot Rod does a great job. Conditions are the curse. Of course, it the gang were to be easy on the throttle maybe the trail would be better long! Everytime someone blips the throttle, it makes it just a little worse! Just my opinion!

dwight3566

Reaction score
I agree, lay off the throtle and have some respect for the rest of the riders, slow and steady gets you there as well. Then let her rip!!!

Will be there and heading up Thursday morning.

How's the snow up top?

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail was Awesome this weekend Up and Down

A little colder temps and she was 3/4 to the bar going up and half to 3/4 coming down
Great job grooming that trail
Love the jumps or where the snow is being saved

birdie

East cat

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, we were one of the first to ride that morning , what I clearly meant i been told at the paytoll the trail been groomed the night before , just a matter to be honest ....and say sorry buddy we didnt grommed last might that it, as a experience volunteer of a snowmobile club , you dont want to dissapointed your users, other than good work !!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What???You been drinkin???
I forgot to mention, we were one of the first to ride that morning , what I clearly meant i been told at the paytoll the trail been groomed the night before , just a matter to be honest ....and say sorry buddy we didnt grommed last might that it, as a experience volunteer of a snowmobile club , you dont want to dissapointed your users, other than good work !!!!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotrod will try and stretch things out till around mid April, usually the 15th. It's all weather dependant, we'll keep everyone informed and yes Judy posted the trail line number call that anytime. It is spring riding time! Higgins.

muldonc

Reaction score
Ten to fifteen years ago there was NO groomer and NO groomed trail all season. Imagine the 3-4 foot moguls from the parking lot to the alpine all season long. We still rode irregardless, rough or not cause we knew once in the Alpine it was all good.

LOL, was there once back in those days and that was my first experience on a trail like that. :crying3:

We persevered and still rode the day. Enjoyed, very nice, would suffer through it again!!

Was hoping to go back this weekend but my partner in crime backed out. :sadbanana:We don't get that sort of traffic here but what we have noticed is the trails will stay good until people start grippin and rippin on the trail. With the mountain sleds once they start the bumps turn into never ending moguls. A somewhat steady throttle on the trails will keep em smoother a little longer. Wanna grip n rip, get off the trail for a bit.

Top Bottom