Renegade Oil breather system

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I went into a hole on the weekend and suddenly my quad started smoking and running a bit rough. It was at a good downhill incline tilted towards the left side. Now once I got out it seemed fine. Now I took apart the air box to clean the filter and there was about 3/4 of a Litre of oil in the air box. The engine still registered 1/2 on the dipstick. There is a 1/2 ID line that goes from the engine to the airbox, no filters or nothing. Is there a way of preventing this?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Is there a way of preventing this?

For starters see if you can get through the day with only two roll overs and try to minimize the time she runs upside down :d I know this is a big step for you Ron but it may also mean backing off the trigger thumb once and a while too :eek: ..... not all the time, just once and a while. Baby steps man, baby steps. :beer::beer::beer:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went into a hole on the weekend and suddenly my quad started smoking and running a bit rough. It was at a good downhill incline tilted towards the left side. Now once I got out it seemed fine. Now I took apart the air box to clean the filter and there was about 3/4 of a Litre of oil in the air box. The engine still registered 1/2 on the dipstick. There is a 1/2 ID line that goes from the engine to the airbox, no filters or nothing. Is there a way of preventing this?

3/4 of a liter in the air box and down on the dipstick by 1/2? Sounds like it started a little overfull which will cause it to blow into the airbox. But that is oly part of the problem.

Like Sumx54 said: wheels down!

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thats what Im thinking too, The bottom of my snorkel was full of oil and the bottom of the air box was completly covered. Im suprised that that just breathes without a filter though.
Riding wont be exciting without a few rolls/jumps/flips, heck I was looking at adding the Grizz Brothers Turbo this winter..:d:d First I'll need that wheelie bar kit.:d

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Do I have any thing to worry about here, Should oil be pumping into the airbox. Here is a picture of the angle it was on.

Attachments

• Resized_IMGP3879.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3879.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 71

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
that shouldnt have been enough of an angle to flow oil from the crankcase vent into your airbox. you must have been overfilled. i have had it happen a couple of times with my rubicon but once i was almost compltely on my side, another time i was up on my back rack trying to fix an axle and the last time was because the dealership overfilled the oil when they did some maintenence. and each time it was only a minor amount of oil. maybe a teaspoon or two.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The crank vent on the outlanders is on the left side of the airbox, I am assuming it is the same on the gades. When you put it over on the left side oil pours into the airbox (I know from personnel experience).

Top Bottom