Renegade CV boot

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't take too long and I already got a hole in one of my boots (front outer). Dealer wants 50 bucks for the boot, which sounds rediculous to me! Is there anywhere else I can pick up a boot cheaper than that? Royaldistributing doesn't seem to carry boots for the Renegade?

Alternatively, the hole seems very small (little puncture), so would anyone be able to recommend a good sealant I could use on rubber to plug the hole until such time it actually tears?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is that you can buy a kit that includes the boot/clamps/grease for most other models for only 20 bucks from RoyalDistributing.com .. so 50 bucks for just the boot is awful... I guess I'll pick it up if I have to..

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Kevin at Rapid revolutions has them for I think $18 they are universal inner and outters just have to trim the excess rubber off for inners I picked up 4 to keep them onhand :d

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin sounds like a very useful guy to know! Thanks.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I also carry the universal boot kit for about $20. The clamps that come with them are a little jiggy but work fine if you don't try and over tighten them. If your ever in a bind in the bush, wrap the ripped or torn boot with a plastic bag of sorts then cover it with duct tape and ride on. Will usually get you through a whole weekend as long as you didn't loose all your grease and fill it with sand.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yes the clamps are not the best Napa should have to good clamps. I used the clamps in the kit and use visegrips and a screwdriver to tighten them then just put a wrap of electrical tape around them. Try to use good grease also I used the Amsoil grease it repeals water rather that mixing with it in case you tear another one.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
Thing is that you can buy a kit that includes the boot/clamps/grease for most other models for only 20 bucks from RoyalDistributing.com .. so 50 bucks for just the boot is awful... I guess I'll pick it up if I have to..

well i know where to look next time. how do they hold up compared to the stock stuff?

and as for Kevin from Rapid Revolutions, he is a great guy. he really knows his stuff, he has answered questions for me that i didnt even know i was going to ask until i got into it, saved me a bunch of time. maybe give him a shout 780-455-7553.

Top Bottom