Removing Throttle Body on Summit Gen 4

tessier45

Reaction score
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at it but I am wondering if there's good instructions on removing throttle. I want to put on new bars and I over tightened the body causing the casing to crack. Any tips out there? Thanks

tessier45

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah have to remove the handgrip and the heated grip, and cork material to get it off. The heating element will have to be replaces along with the cork material. Stick a blow gun in the hole and blast compressed air in the end of the grip to remove and install it.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah have to remove the handgrip and the heated grip, and cork material to get it off. The heating element will have to be replaces along with the cork material. Stick a blow gun in the hole and blast compressed air in the end of the grip to remove and install it.

Did they change the element type from the xm? A little heat from a blow dryer and peel the element off carefully, might get lucky with the cork too but unlikely. Cork is cheap element not so much

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the throttle body:

$_12.JPG

You are talking about the throttle housing. Not a big deal but totally different removal procedures though haha

Top Bottom