Removing Locking Nuts on Mags

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new (used) trailer last year - and the interior is finally gutted and redone. Know to put up the garage organizer and I am done.

Noticed that the wheels have those locking nuts on them - and the guy I bought trailer from has no idea where the adapter would be. Any ideas on how I could take them off and just replace with some regular ones? Or is Fountain Tire my next bet?

Greg

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought..could you weld a nut on them then just use a socket??idunna no?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
A tire shop will definatley be able to unlock your wheels for you. I know a few tire shops here that wouldn't even charge for doing it. I had it done to a car I bought and it took them all of about 15 seconds per wheel. Welding a nut on the lock might work too. Good Luck.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
i know dis gy in de hood. hundred buks and the trailer disappears...no questions R ever asked...neverr...no probl'm
wheels kan be removed and returned...no probl'm.
witness's...never exist'd...no probl'm.
j'st g've me a call...no probl'm.

Or you can get to your local tire store or Summitric has some darn cool tricks for that kind of stuff.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have pounded a socket over them to remove them but use an old one cause you a split a good one in half......don't ask me how I know this:realmad:

Cameo

Reaction score
Just pound a socket on, but not too far, it can be a pain to get the socket off again but I just put the socket in a vise, and knock the lock nut out with a punch. I prefer an impact socket, they won't split.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will fix it at work for you Greg. Have your Dad bring it down in the AM will do it first thing. Whenever is best for you

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Liquid propane in a shop someone decides to cause a spark. BOOM no more issue with locked wheel nuts. Call the insurance and replace Shop,Trailer,and go buy some eye brows and a hairpiece. Your on fire buddy:eek:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Liquid propane in a shop someone decides to cause a spark. BOOM no more issue with locked wheel nuts. Call the insurance and replace Shop,Trailer,and go buy some eye brows and a hairpiece. Your on fire buddy:eek:

As per ^^^^^ I think you could do this all by yourself. Hammer....... lug nut...... spark....things that make you go ummmmmm.......BOOM

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya easy to use the proper tool for the job but the liquid propane thing could be more exciting. Just how hot does the locking nut and trailer have to get till it drips off/:confused:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire lesson for everyone. PREACER!!....anyway, just remember that nothing in this world burns...... The vapour off everything in this world burns. Wood DOES not burn, you heat it up then the vapour comes off and the vapour burns not the wood itself.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire lesson for everyone. PREACER!!....anyway, just remember that nothing in this world burns...... The vapour off everything in this world burns. Wood DOES not burn, you heat it up then the vapour comes off and burns.
and liquid C3 turns to vapor at about -40C at sea level pressure

Top Bottom