Relocate rad to rear rack

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water wheeling will cause mud to plug rad I think.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a good idea in my opinion. "I rolled my quad on the weekend, I would have been fine but I got hung up on my rad..." When your going through deep water the front floats, the ass end sinks. Also, ever throw one knee on the seat? You'll end up kicking a hole right through it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont see how the rad would get any muddier in the rear then the front. The quad is also a max so it wouldnt be in the way of your feet. BUT I would do the xmr kit and just move your box to the back.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Dirtyest part of my quad after a ride is my rear seat -box. Right on the rear rack

sent from my htc

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Dirtyest part of my quad after a ride is my rear seat -box. Right on the rear rack

sent from my htc

Dirty part of your quad is you or from it being towed.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Funny only been towed once.

U but I think Ur po po is the dirtyest. Cause its allways in the back getting roosted from the kawi

sent from my htc

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Funny only been towed once.

U but I think Ur po po is the dirtyest. Cause its allways in the back getting roosted from the kawi

sent from my htc

Thats because I let you go first incase you break down.......:p

rzr rads don't plug up......

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old Bombardier Traxters (and maybe the Quests) had their rad mounted in the rear. I always thought it was a good idea, to protect it from sticks and branches.

167954d1276060139-bombardier-traxter-hitch-mount-img_5897-large-.jpg

Not a very good picture, but it's all I could find. Right at the top of the photo, you can see the bottom of the fan.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah man, that looks like a whole lot of effort for zero gain. You might be OK if it was on the rack, but down there it's just gonna get plugged up like usual.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rear doesnt look any dirtier then the front.

Putting it on the rear rack would probably be just fine, but putting it underneath would suck since you'd be submerging it in mud all the time which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place. Plus, I'm thinking with the reduced air flow, you'd be in even worse shape than the stock location.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you would definaitly have to put the rad on top of the rack not in the back. I dont think Blair should do it that way. Put it in the front and your box in the rear. But there is no reason other then cost and time why he couldnt put it in the back. It will cost more for hoses and material plus the time to fab everything up. Gonna be a bitch to run those hoses in a place where they wont get melted or damaged.

Top Bottom