Rejetted Carbs - Sled Won't Start

CalebMac

Reaction score
Here's my situation: I live in Nunavut (Canada, above the arctic circle). I bought a 2012 IQ LXT 550 from a dealer in Ottawa (much further south). The dealer sent it to me with the standard jets. So, I've been driving around in -35 weather with the wrongs jets. On one caribou hunting trip I but about 400km on the machine and the manifold starting glowing red. Lots of problems on the return trip and that's when I realized it wasn't jetted properly.

I replaced the 240's with 260's. I took off the cylinder head to see what the tops of the pistons looked like. Lots of build up from running too lean. Replaced the gasket and put the cylinder head back on (without a torque wrench). Now the machine won't start.

I seem to be getting strong sparks. The pull cord seems to have a little less resistance than usual. This is the first time i've taken out carbs, so I may have messed somethings up there. However, fuel live, oil line, throttle and choke cables are all attached. It seems to be seated properly. I'm at a loss!

Any suggestions? Tips? I'm hoping I haven't done any major damage to the engine. I live in a fly in community so there are no dealers or mechanics around.

Top Bottom