Registration Without Bill of Sale?

Ava

Reaction score
Hi there!

I wonder if anyone knows a way around this?

We bought two dirtbikes from Star-X last year, and they arrived without Bill of Sales. We have tried contacting them over and over, and been treated like dirt. We tried emailing their bill of sale department, and been ignored. We went to the Better Business Bureau, and Star-X didn't respond to the complaint.

We have insured the bikes, but cannot register them without a bill of sale? Does anyone know an alternate path we can take to get these, or to get the bikes registered?:realmad:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

We bought two dirtbikes from Star-X last year, and they arrived without Bill of Sales. We have tried contacting them over and over, and been treated like dirt. We tried emailing their bill of sale department, and been ignored. We went to the Better Business Bureau, and Star-X didn't respond to the complaint.

We have insured the bikes, but cannot register them without a bill of sale? Does anyone know an alternate path we can take to get these, or to get the bikes registered?:realmad:

The first thing I would do is tell as many people about how much of a loser company Star-X is and then I think your only option may be to get the courts to get an order of some sort? Unless you happened to have "another signed" copy of that bill of sale............

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

are they new , if so you will need nivis , will need dealers help with this , if they are used just make your own bill of sale , just make sure you have a reciept to back up your story , good luck

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sell them to me, I sell them back to you, or just make a bill or sale up

Ava

Reaction score
are they new , if so you will need nivis , will need dealers help with this , if they are used just make your own bill of sale , just make sure you have a reciept to back up your story , good luck

Yes, they are new...

I kinda get the hint for what to do...but I am confused. Nivis?

Ava

Reaction score
So I looked up the NVIS. We don't have that. They are a year old now. If we take a "bill of sale" in, but do not have the NVIS, are we going to be able to register them?

I tried to contact Star-x again today, but their mailbox is full, as is the other number they leave as well. Their email addresses are bouncing. I rang the Alberta Government, and they told me to get a lawyer...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read the web site :

A Receipt/ Bill of Sale is included with purchase. It will be mailed to you seperate from your bike usually within 2 weeks of order date.

If you require the bill of sale immediately, it can be sent to you by FedEx Express within 1 or 2 business days for a $30 charge.

Some provinces may require a "NVIC form" to register or insure your bike. They are available for a $15 charge.

Do they have some sort of shop that you can goto? Maybe show up in person would help. If all else fails , Write your own.

Ava

Reaction score
Hiya,

I think they've gone bust. We can't get in touch with anyone, and my friend in Winnipeg said the shop has shut down.

I'm happy to write my own bill of sale, I'm just worried if the NVIS will still be an issue.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I think they've gone bust. We can't get in touch with anyone, and my friend in Winnipeg said the shop has shut down.

I'm happy to write my own bill of sale, I'm just worried if the NVIS will still be an issue.

In my past all the NVIS has done was to state that the VIN was the correct one. You may have to get a new VIN# But with bill of sale and insurance they may not even ask. Personally i would goto registries with what you have and let the chips fall. Then at least you know what you have to get done

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sell them to me, I sell them back to you

I would do this. nothing illegal here, and since you purchase the bike from your friend you won't be expected to have the NIVIS thing.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do this. nothing illegal here, and since you purchase the bike from your friend you won't be expected to have the NIVIS thing.

nice try , but if its never been registered you need a nvis , will check in and get back to you :d

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I registered my bike it had never been done before, just told the registries that it was a track only bike that I was going to ride on crown land with now

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice try , but if its never been registered you need a nvis , will check in and get back to you :d

My bro had them ask for one when he went to get a plate for his 450, he just said it's for off road most people don't register them. No problem when he did it. Maybe he lucked out ?

Top Bottom