reeds for turbo'd AC

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What reeds does a guy suggest for a boondocker race gas turbo kit... im thinking i might have a broken reed and am thinking about obviously upgrading from stock if this is the problem...

im thinking v force reeds.... just wondering if anybody makes a reed designed for turbo'd engines or not?

thanks,
Ryan

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a side note, have you run that thing yet? Intrested on what you think. A 300 word ride-report would be nice.....:d

wombat

Reaction score
I would not use V-force in a turbo app, they are weaker than stock. Stock reed are the toughest, other than that tdr reeds. you can get TDR reeds from Boondocker.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
vforce are weaker than stock hey? i didn't know that boison reeds no good for turbo app either? so ur saying i should just replace with stock or tdr reeds... thanks for the info.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a side note, have you run that thing yet? Intrested on what you think. A 300 word ride-report would be nice.....:d

Well i have ran it... starting settings from boondocker were so far fat it wasn't even funny was only able to pull like 700 degrees on my egts lol... so i pulled a ton of fuel out of it and it started to pull some nice rpm (81-8150 rpm) wasn't dialed in just right obviously only got my egts up to bout 1100 so there is lots more left in it... especially up top was still burby on top end. rode bout half day felt good def a different riding style as far as on and off the throttle... might get better when i get it dialed in better.... then bout half way through my day i think i broke a reed... haven't torn it down yet to see... all of a sudden i couldn't pull more than 6500 rpm... soooo yea... i'll have to check it out... i hope its a reed and not electronic.

I am hoping to take it out new yrs weekend and have a full weekend on it and really get it dialed in... havne't played with the clutches at all yet either... overall for the half day i had it running at probably 70 percent i liked what i was seeing. oh never got a chance to make any pulls cuz it started running like poo right when we got to a nice hill to climb...

i'll post again when i get a full weekend on it and a bunch of pulls...

Sparx

Reaction score
Just a note, I had the same problem with my M1000 last year and had a flow issue with my injectors. They must have been stuck since the pressure was good. Dealer replaced both injectors and fuel rail and so far everything seems fine, but I haven't had a good run with it since the fix last spring. I couldn't pull over 6500RPMS and they did have to replace my reeds as well like you were thinking. So it could be one or the other, just thought it might be worth looking into if your reeds are fine.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a note, I had the same problem with my M1000 last year and had a flow issue with my injectors. They must have been stuck since the pressure was good. Dealer replaced both injectors and fuel rail and so far everything seems fine, but I haven't had a good run with it since the fix last spring. I couldn't pull over 6500RPMS and they did have to replace my reeds as well like you were thinking. So it could be one or the other, just thought it might be worth looking into if your reeds are fine.

thanks a lot... tomorrow i will find out if its my reeds... if it isn't i will talk to boondocker and see if perhaps its my injectors/fuel rail.

thanks for the tips.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reeds are fine, its my boondocker box... hooked up my bypass jumper for the box and it reved up just fine top notch, plugged the box back in and wouldn't pull rpms at all... so its a box issue hope it doesn't take 4 months to get boondocker to get this straightened out.... anybody have the new boondocker turbo control box for the BD turbo on an M8 i can borrow for the weekend by chance??? lol

Top Bottom