Reed boots for 2002 summit 800?

Chuckt5

Reaction score
Going through my '02 summit 800 RER (getting it all ready as a back up sled) and I noticed that the intake reed boots are starting to come apart. The reeds are good along with the cages but the boot is starting to come apart around the flange on the outside. No holes (yet) all the way through, but it's time for them to get replaced.

I see that skidoo wants too much $ for OEM replacements so what are you guys running for reeds on your '02 800's?

Thanks in advance.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put boyseen reeds on my 02 zx and I didn't notice any performance difference but it was nice to have the stronger cages. I would go with them or v force

Chuckt5

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the confirmation. After looking at both the Boyesen and V force, I like the Boyesen for the fact that they use aluminium bodies compared to the rubbery stuff V force uses.

Who sells the Boyesen's for the best price online?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Boyesens on my 02 840, and they worked really really well. Like you said.I preferred the aluminum body and one rubber connecting, which is also replaceable for $10 should it fail. I also threw in some reed spacers similar to the ones found on the rev. Very very good throttle response with that set-up. What I did was a search of the part number online which is RAD81-A if I recall correctly and you Shouldn't have any troubles finding a pair for under $300.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Top Bottom