Redneck Sled Selection

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:p The following is a copy of a posting, put on Snowest by "Snobyrd" out of Puyallup Wa. Enjoy

Sled OEMs analogy in "Redneck Terms"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All sled manufactuers have there own idenity. Allot like women (or men) do. So in order to help those newbies decide on which brand to buy (date/marry) i would purpose the buying decision similar to dating the special gal or dude.

The following analogy explains the sled dating/buying process:

Yamaha: It is like the girl your mom or dad wanted you to date. safe reliable and has allot qualities of refinement. I little on the heavy side....but still attractive. It's the safe choice. Styles hardly change.The girl next door you could say.

Polaris: It's the girl that has been beaten out recently by its cuter girlfriend (ski-Doo) the last little while but still has potential. She had the "bad " showing a few years back at the country club (aka the 900 rmk) and is still recovering from that. The scars are there. She's the kind of girl who has a history and some "issues" but is still worth a swing at. And MAY have some serious upside in the future. She could be a physcho hose beast or could be Cindy Crawford in 2010....

Arctic cat: You don't know what you'll get. It very attractive at times (lightwieght) and sometimes really suprises you. Other times she goes into hibernation for awhile and it's a dud. You could say she has some mental issues. But when good it's good. She may need a shrink type of deal...

Ski-Doo: The high maintence one! She is beautiful, performs well but is pricy and if not treated right will flat just won't work. When it does work....well it's the best there is. But when it is not its the worst thing you can imagine. High maintence woman. Has a short fuse, snobby, and yet you love it!

Honda....could be the best out of all the above. but the make-up hasn't come off yet.

redline....mysteriously appeared in some "magazine" a dissappeared. Like a child hollywood star. Allot of promise and then...BANG! Off the tracks on on drugs.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good one....But I just sent my sled to Jenny Craig!!:d

theslam19_98

Reaction score
:p Polaris: It's the girl that has been beaten out recently by its cuter girlfriend (ski-Doo) the last little while but still has potential. She had the "bad " showing a few years back at the country club (aka the 900 rmk) and is still recovering from that. The scars are there. She's the kind of girl who has a history and some "issues" but is still worth a swing at. And MAY have some serious upside in the future. She could be a physcho hose beast or could be Cindy Crawford in 2010....

ok was reading this and was woundering what years and what ones should i stay away from

Top Bottom