Red earth Creek

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever worked in tis area? I am heading up there Friday morning for work. Just wondering if there is any cell service (Telus) and if an internet stick will work. Or are you roaming on Northwest tel up there? Not bad one week southern Saskatchewan, next week northern Alberta. My job sucks!!:d

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea cell service is not to bad and you can get internet up there as well most of the camps in red earth have wireless. Have fun bwahaha

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you are going to one of the sh$^hole northern towns and not me :)

Just watch out for the sweeties, do your time and then get the hell out of there ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement guys. As for the sweeties, I have enough with the two at home, don't need no more problems. One is the wife the other is the daughter (talk about attitude). Will be gone fom the 27th Nov til about the 15-20 of Dec. Does anybody work on the rigs up there?:d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it roams Northwest tel it will cost a lot.
$60.00 in one afternoon when I was waiting for a flight in Yellowknife.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
feel sorry for ya man. take the sled never know what could happen might snow and stay for a couple hrs.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you do for work?

I drive Vac trucks (My job sucks) for Newalta. I am usually within an hour of home but this year wherever/ whenever. It's it only for a few weeks so will make the best of it. The worse part is I was supposed to leave Friday morning but got a call at supper and I need to be there tomorrow, so leaving early in the AM. :d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun.......:d. I haven't seen the likes of Red Earth since about the winter of 2002/03. Back then the Noralta camp was still pretty new and had a lounge that was open till 11pm.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first trip to Red Earth was winter 1980. Just one cat camp, NOTHING else. The raod was 20km lomger back then, and it was sort of gravel, more like clay!!!!

No cell, no internet, no store, nothing but short trees and muskeg!!!!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first trip to Red Earth was winter 1980. Just one cat camp, NOTHING else. The raod was 20km lomger back then, and it was sort of gravel, more like clay!!!!

No cell, no internet, no store, nothing but short trees and muskeg!!!!

What about all the hot ladies though........bahahahahaha...

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from there on Monday Night, there was about 6 to 8" of snow, and snowing when I left, My cell and Air card worked just fine

Enjoy

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing about Red Earth makes the move to the office job seem like the right choice. My time out in the field ended (for now) 2.5 years ago in Red Earth/Wabasca area.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got back from There last night. Sorry no snow reviews, had no internet. There is not a whole lot there. A few camps and a few overpriced grocery stores. 9 bucks for 12 pepsi. Not to much snow , could ditch bag in a few places. Noralta lodge is not to bad. Good food. Don`t really care to ever go back. :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i stayed at the noralta i think for a couple weeks. good food..pretty clean. but other than that there is NOTHING. same with wabasca....eek. as least ur there in the winter..i would have killed for that. i had to wear full bugsuits working outside int he summer in the muskeg.

Top Bottom