Red Deer Suds Night---DECEMBER 2nd, 2009

Billard

Reaction score
Something for discussion at the Suds nite. Here is a warning to all sledders in Central Alberta and elsewhere. I just recently purchased a 09 Sno Pro with a damaged hood. I was going to invest in a new hood, but they were pretty pricey, so I checked into getting it repaired. Just so happened that I found a place on Kijiji that fit that particular application. I talked to the guy about it and he was quite adamant that he could fix it better than new and as well, could wrap it in a cool wrap to hide any possible blemishes. Quoted me a price of 550, which included wrapping my helmet to match. I did the math and the price was right compared to a new hood, so I went for it.
Took awhile but I got the hood back. I had to pay him the money to get the hood back, as he had to pay the wrap guy. I did, like an idiot, thinking it would be all good. Took the hood home and put it on. The wrap was not at all what I had ordered, and to make matters worse, he had "modified" the hood to make it "cooler". The modification left huge gaps on either side of the hood that allowed way to much snow in. I took pics to prove it. I contacted him and he apologized up and down and had a million excuses. Said he would redo the repair and the wrap to my satisfaction. He picked it up on a Sunday. I told him I needed it by Thursday as we were going to Valemont. No problem he said. To make a long story short, got a phone call from the wrap guy on Thursday nite at 8 pm. He wanted 450 dollars for his work or else no hood back. Had no other choice but to pay the ransome as we were leaving at 530 am. Had to drive to Ponoka to get it, then spent 3 hours, fixing his crappy work to get the hood to fit. Needless to say, I am PO fd. The rip off artist said I was not getting any money back, as he had to redo work and he felt he undercharged me. So am now have a used repaired hood with a shitty wrap on it for 1100 dollars. I figure I ain't going to get my money back, so I am putting the word out there. If anyone wants the guys name, the company name and the wrap company name to avoid them, pm me and I will tell you whatever you need to know. Don't want to say here, don't need any slander suits or stuff like that. But I will say, stay away from Gull Lake.
Thanks for letting me vent.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone wanting to try golden on dec 11-13, may have a few going to silent pass, quartz, gorman. looks like 3 to 4 going any one wanting to go. send me a pm.

Top Bottom