Red deer/Blackfalds Blind Man River Ready For Riding Yet?

yama_dude

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone have a status update on the blindman river near Blackfalds? Thinking of taking the commander out for a rip this weekend if it's still frozen enough.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want a dry suit and scuba tank
i wouldn't take a commander on there till at least after christmas barley any ice we haven't had hardly any cold weather yet before this warm weather
temps have been above zero for the last 3 days overnight

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, anyone have a status update on the blindman river near Blackfalds? Thinking of taking the commander out for a rip this weekend if it's still frozen enough.

No idea but let us know how u make out!!

was thinking on going out to ranger creek, so when u going? or staging at? bently or blackfalds.

ice on red deer river on hwy 2. been over a cople weeks since i drove over blindman at blackfalds, there was tracks, but i have no idea on ice conditions. 250 mark probably right though

Last edited:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea but let us know how u make out!!

was thinking on going out to ranger creek, so when u going? or staging at? bently or blackfalds.

ice on red deer river on hwy 2. been over a cople weeks since i drove over blindman at blackfalds, there was tracks, but i have no idea on ice conditions. 250 mark probably right though

Where's this ranger creek at ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out by ram falls. this is the only time of year you can ride a quad or SxS out there closed feb 1? to nov30.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Any snow reports. Tire gonna make it ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Any snow reports. Tire gonna make it ?

looking at the noedegg snow cam, snow is gone, was out to maclean creek last weekend, only had one spot, slick n icy that had to make a third run at. don't really know for sure but think it should be fine, have to cross the river a few times, ice? no idea.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The blindman west of Blackfalds still has ice, lots of sled tracks, but lots of flood water too. I wouldn't try it with a sxs....and trust me, I alot of stupid sh!t.

yama_dude

Reaction score
I think I will wait until i cools down again.a buddy took his commander out on blindman last weekend but it was much more frozen at that time

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will wait until i cools down again.a buddy took his commander out on blindman last weekend but it was much more frozen at that time

supposed to be warm n sunny all next week!

yama_dude

Reaction score
supposed to be warm n sunny all next week!
Well I still have my rhino too and it's snorkelled to the roof so now I just need a wet suite and snorkel for me! HAHA.
what a strange winter so far

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want a dry suit and scuba tank
i wouldn't take a commander on there till at least after christmas barley any ice we haven't had hardly any cold weather yet before this warm weather
temps have been above zero for the last 3 days overnight

Every year people are always excited to get riding on the river !! I ALWAYS wait for Xmas to ride on the Blindman or the Battle (by Ponoka). Remember too..... our first snow fall this year was a good one so it insulated the water(ice) good so ice will NOT be good !! I would wait for so more cold weather before "riding the river" !

boreal2

Reaction score
How is the ice as of now? Looking to take the rzrs out possibly in this warm weather..

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freakin great. Frozen and cold. Lol
The river is as frozen as I've ever seen it.

Top Bottom